How to make a blow off tube?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmbnpj

Reaction score
I've tried connecting tubing to the airlock and running the tubing into a bucket of sanitized water but the weight of the tubing keeps pulling the airlock and stopper out of the top of my carboy?

What is the best way to do this?

I use the same method, used to have the same problem until I switched to Better Bottles, now it works like a champ.

I've had the same problem. I'm thinking a tube directly in a carboy cap like this Austin Homebrew Supply will make things much easier or purchase tubing to fit directly in the opening. I believe 1" tubing will work in glass carboy necks.

I think the tube is supposed to go directly into the drilled carboy stopper (bung). That's how I do it. Just use the siphon tubing and it goes in there super tight.

Take a paper towel...dry the inside of your carboy neck...dry the stopper...insert it with some force and a twist just don't shove it down into the carboy lol. it should stay.. and yes you will be fine infection wise.

I'm not a fan of stoppers during "active fermentation. I prefer one of these:

blow-off tube.jpg

Back