ISO: God Awful beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruger988

Reaction score
I do a monthly bottle share with a group of locals and we've decided to start trying to bring a "worst" as well as a best beer of the night. I kinda started the whole thing with a 20 year old Bad Frog Pale which was pretty bad...

Preferably something below a 3 on Untappd (that is surprisingly few beers believe it or not) older is better as well, bonus points for horrible storage over the years, haha.

PM me if you have something you think fits the bill sitting around, sure we can work something out!

This is kinda a joke post. I have some 2-3 year old Keystone light that I bought for Slug traps. They got let out in the Garden area over the winter. I bet they are tasting really good.
dscn6607-64154.jpg

Ha. Are they leaking? I was shooting for something a little more obscure and unexpected... but could work with that..

Forgot about the voodoo stuff... that's a good one to keep in mind, they usually are pretty rough.

Got a Voodoo maple bacon and a CIB Morningwood.

Also have a Hopslam, a 90min IPA and a 60min IPA that were all properly stored in the window of my hot garage all summer.

Got a Voodoo maple bacon and a CIB Morningwood.

Also have a Hopslam, a 90min IPA and a 60min IPA that were all properly stored in the window of my hot garage all summer.

The Voodoo stuff is pretty horid, though I haven't had the Maple Bacon (and don'treally want to)

I've got some accidentaly abused beers as well, but the spirit of the competition is more of a "who can find the worst beer made" thing than a "who can destory good beer the best" thing.

I have a can of Iron City Beer. It's a 1979 Pittsburg Steelers Super Bowl can. I'm sure it still tastes the same as it did 35 years ago.

I'll send you this, god knows I'm not going to drink it, a friend saw 15% and thought I'd like it, nobody said she was bright;)

I can abuse it abuse it a bit for ya!

IMG_5172.jpg

I'll send you this, god knows I'm not going to drink it, a friend saw 15% and thought I'd like it, nobody said she was bright;)

I can abuse it abuse it a bit for ya!

Done, that looks horrible! haha Let me know what I can send you in return.

As for two year old Pliny... I'd be willing to give that a shot, bet its actually pretty tasty despite being totally different than what its intended to be.

Done, that looks horrible! haha Let me know what I can send you in return.

As for two year old Pliny... I'd be willing to give that a shot, bet its actually pretty tasty despite being totally different than what its intended to be.

You got it, at least i'll know it won't go to (total) waste!
What corner of the world you in?
Any thing you want from mine? I'd hate to ship a single beer.
I'll throw a couple HB's in if nothing else.
PM an address and it will be on its way :mug:

If you haven't tried it yet, a lot of people F*#@ING HATE this beer.

107055.jpg

Wow - I'd finally put the memory of that stuff out of my mind and you had to bring it up again.

The repressed memories came flooding back.

The horror! The horror!

Wait...Holy ****. I think Bill Cosby was there too. :D

Boatswain Double IPA (Twin Screw Steamer) at Trader Joe's worst double ipa ever

There's a thread in the forum where you can Barter / Buy a mid 1970's unopened bottle of Budweiser.... It tasted like watered down PI$$ in the mid 70's.... I would imagine age isn't too kind to Bud....

EDIT: Never mind...... You're already all over it! I'm gonna go hide my own Easter Eggs now! :smack:

I don't have one, and not sure if it counts as beer, but I had to drink a Zima Gold while trying to "drink the wall" with a couple buddies one night. I drew it in the rotation. The bartender went and grabbed the owner because someone was actually going to buy and drink one. She had to clean the thick layer of dust off with a wet rag. I think that is probably the worst thing I have ever drank, at least that I remember.

I just purchased a six pack of labatt's bourbon barrel ale. I think it fits the bill. Happy to send you some but you can likely buy it locally for less than shipping. It is awful!

I've got a bottle of Panther Brewing's Three Stooges, and a bottle of Curly's Light. Both stored at room temp for the past 2 decades. :D

I may even have a bottle of Lancaster Malt Brewing Company's Lager laying around, also. It was the only beer I ever dumped before finishing even one. And that was when it was fresh, 20 years ago.

Let me know if you want this stuff.

There's a thread in the forum where you can Barter / Buy a mid 1970's unopened bottle of Budweiser.... It tasted like watered down PI$$ in the mid 70's.... I would imagine age isn't too kind to Bud....

Speaking of watered down PI$$, I never had it myself but I heard Minhas is pretty terrible. They explain during their brewery tour that they have to add water to the finished product to bring the ABV down. This is confirmed by a visit to their site:

"The alcohol in the beer is adjusted to the exact alcohol per volume as per the recipe by adding pure water. It now is stored in one of the Government Cellars – we have 12 of these glass-lined stainless steel tanks with a capacity of 6,000 barrels."

http://minhasbrewery.com/brewery-tour/brewing-process

Steel reserve 211, somebody left it in my friends fridge and it said Extra hops so I have it a try, tasted like a cheap white wine spritzer, prob the nasties beer I ever had

Back