Vancouver water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoreHops

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share my Ward Labs report with you all in case it would help someone out. It is tap water from my house in the Hastings-Sunrise neighbourhood. I elected to get the "Beer Test" (a little pricer than the "W-6 Household Mineral Test") because it's an old house and I wanted to know my iron content, as well as phosphorus content.

I'm posting the report straight up to "standardize" the result and eliminate any possibility of errors in transcription.

I'm not (currently) looking for any advice on water treatment as I've read many (most? all!?) of the posts elsewhere on these [awesome] forums. (But for the record, I do add gypsum and CaCl2 based on spreadsheet/Beersmith calculations, depending on the style). The water is chlorinated (and there have been rumours about chloramination) so I also use Campden tabs in my strike/sparge water.

wardReport.jpg

Back