Midwest Grain Mill update

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MachineShopBrewing

Reaction score
I just want to state that Midwest Supplies has replaced the rollers in their grain mill and it is really working well now. I promised that I would update on the previous thread that I started when the mill was fixed. I was in last night to pick up some malt for a batch of bitter and I got the best crush I have ever gotten from Midwest. I ran through some Marris Otter at the .040 setting and it was a perfect crush. The grain was broken into 5-15 pieces and the husks were almost completely intact. :mug:

Just looked at the 1/2 lb of smoked malt I had shipped from Midwest about a week ago. Yup, many whole grains there. No mill here will have to use the coffee grinder.

Just looked at the 1/2 lb of smoked malt I had shipped from Midwest about a week ago. Yup, many whole grains there. No mill here will have to use the coffee grinder.

Yeah, I think they just got replaced late last week. It is freaking spot on now. They really did a good job of fixing it and dialing it in. I think they may have slowed it down some too perhaps.

Back