How much ginger

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brazedowl

Reaction score
Going to make a play on the graffiti with less hops and some ginger root. How much ginger would be good when working with root? Weight would be most helpful. :) thoughts?

This is what I did for a honey ginger:

Rack to secondary with 4oz honey and 1oz fresh thinly sliced ginger.

30 day secondary. Racked to tertiary for 2 days, just to clear sediment. Bottled with roughly 4oz honey, 4oz hot water in bottling bucket. Each bottle also got a dash of fresh very finely grated ginger. (I have a "dash" measuring spoon, I'd guess 1/8tsp). Bottling gravity - 1.020

Ginger taste was spot on for me with just a bit of that ginger heat.

Ok good. That's just about what I did. 4oz for 5gal. I grated it, put it in a mesh bag and threw in the boil when I put in the hops. Reduced the hops from 1/2oz to 1/8oz. Full recipe to come once it's bottle carbed and tested. :)

Bottled today. Smells wonderful, but very tart. Primed with about 3oz corn sugar for the four gallons or so I bottled. More feedback when it's done carbing up.

Latest posts

Back