Honey Ginger and Cranberry

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DisplacedSailor

Reaction score
So just finished up the first run of two "winging it" recipes. Thoughts and input appreciated.

Cranberry:
1 gal store brand juice
1lb white sugar, shake dissolved
2gram Mangrove Jack's M02 yeast

10 day primary, FG 0.990.

Rack to secondary with 4oz dried Ocean Spray cranberries. Every few days I'd gently swirl the jug to replace the cranberries on top.

30 day secondary. Racked to tertiary for 2 days, just to clear sediment. Bottled with 1 can of frozen cranberry concentrate and 1/2c of corn sugar. Bottling gravity - 1.014

Honey Ginger:
1 gal store brand juice
1lb white sugar, shake dissolved
2g ram Mangrove Jack's M02 yeast

10 day primary, FG 1.000

Rack to secondary with 4oz honey and 1oz fresh thinly sliced ginger.

30 day secondary. Racked to tertiary for 2 days, just to clear sediment. Bottled with roughly 4oz honey, 4oz hot water in bottling bucket. Each bottle also got a dash of fresh very finely grated ginger. (I have a "dash" measuring spoon, I'd guess 1/8tsp). Bottling gravity - 1.020

The honey ginger is by far my favorite. Going to do my best to let a bottle age for a few months. Cranberry is the wife's fave as she likes the tart flavor but says she can't identify the cranberry, just tartness. Not sure I would use 1lb of white sugar again and I forgot to take a OG.

Back