Has anyone tried to distill their applejack

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JPNpro

Reaction score
I was wondering what type of results people have had when they distill their 1st run freeze distilled applejack in order to remove the heads and tails. Then add back the "pure" ethyl alcohol to the distallate to get an 80-100proof end result. Or would it be better to use multiple freeze distillations. Thanks.

That's it! I'm locking this thread, O wait I have no power what so ever. They don't like the D word.

The OP must be trolling... Is this someone's alt account? 2 posts EVER? Distilling Apple Jack? idk... Either trolling or oblivious.

You would need to live in.... Antarctica to get to 80-100 proof from freeze CONCENTRATION. Well... Actually.. to get to 66 Proof you would need to jack it at -30 degrees until you can't jack it anymore.

Jacking (freeze concentration) isn't illegal in all states. Private distillation is. You have to know the difference. If you don't, a great idea is to use google before using a forum.

What is JPN?

Freeze "distillation" is perfectly legal, you won't get anywhere near 80 proof though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back