Kinda New To Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewFace

Reaction score
Hello, I'm kinda new at this. I have done several cheap homebrew wines with regular yeast. I also have 5 gallons of beer under my belt. Another 5 gallons fermenting and 5 gallons of mead fermenting.

My beers have been partial extracts. For my next brew I'm looking to go all grain. It seems more natural and from what I understand makes a lighter color beer. I don't care about carbs or anything like that but I want my beer to have the color of a coors light, keystone light, or mich golden light. My beer looks more like a killians irish red.

I really enjoy brewing the beer. I also enjoyed drinking the beer. I'm excited to see how my new beer looks and tastes. It will be a little while though. I filmed myself brewing the beer and put it on youtube if you want to check it out.

So I'm looking to buy or build a mash tun. Any suggestions?

Peace,
BrewFace

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum and the hobby. If your looking to go all grain many build a mash tun out of a cooler. Check this thread out.

If you would like to try all gran without making such a finial commitment I would suggest you try the Brew in a Bag method. Here is a thread.

Back