Hello from the microbrew capital! :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivenin

Reaction score
Why, Hello there you lovely people!

My name is, Noah. I'm quite the avid beer drinker :) so i thought i would come and say hey and join this forum.
I'm on my start to home brewing and have learned absolutely invaluable information on my quests with home brewing on this site. And i thank you, Esp to reverend revvy!
:tank:

So just to introduce myself, Like i said up above, my name is noah, i just relocated back home from cincinnati to portland oregon. Basically i had moved from portland where i had grown up to cincinnati for a few years, then back here again for the better :).
I Do tech support for a living, if anyone works for kroger, you may have spoken with me before! i do mostly desktop support for all the offices, distro centers, plants, and stores and .... "love" every moment of it lol, joking aside, it's great, not too bad and gets the bills paid :)

Now off to the fun side of this... i've been an avid beer drinker for years. Microbrews of course, but everyone has their cheap beer that they love, and mine is PBR :), hey, i';m in portland, what do you expect? i do love a hudy and genessee too lol.
But, to get to this point, i was walking around my local fred meyer store picking up some blank DVDs and came across the.... much loved... and much not loved... mr beer kit. Now it always somewhat intrigued me, simplicity, size, cost etc. but for just a bit more, i could get an actual beer kit so i always pushed it off and ignored it. However it was on sale for only $29, and working for fred meyer (kroger) i have a discount, so i got it basically for as much as it would be for buying the amount of beer. So nothing could go wrong, it would be an experence none the less if it failed. and i figured i could always make mini batches if all else failed due to the built in airlock.
However that is conditioning now and have about another week left in that stage.
I However am going to pick up stuff either tomorrow or friday depending on time, to go out to my LHBS and pick up the stuff i need to make a normal sized kit. So i should have more posts on that.
And of course, being a new brewer, i will have a TON of questions (i will use the search, i'm not a forum newb :fro: )

Hit up Above The Rest in Tigard or if you don't like leaving the city Steinbarts or Let's Brew off SE Stark. Welcome to the addiction.

Microbrew capital? I'm confused - you live in Portland but were visiting Denver when you posted this? :D

Welcome to the madness.

Latest posts

Back