Where are all the LADIES at?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 127467

This is what I pictured when I saw the thread title.

I am not a woman but there are several here. Yooper is an admin of this site and a great lady too.

I immediatly thought the same thing! "Where da white girls at?". Blazin' Saddles was a great movie for that kinda shtick you wouldn't dare use today. Anyway,ladies feel free to speak up & make yourselves known. Hell,I taught my wife how to brew when curiosity finally got the better of her. & women used to do all the brewing in midieval times. The men were stil more or less hunter/gatherers of the family.

CreamyGoodness said:
Luckily or unluckily, I never really bought into the whole "no swearing in mixed company" thing. I wind up telling my fart jokes and mentioning attractive celebrities and T-shirt models pretty much wherever I go.

Vulgarity=freedom... and perhaps... male-feminism?

Mind=blown

Male feminism?? That scares me.. Something like metrosexual.. Again wth is that and why ... But to each their own I always say!
But I can cuss like a sailor... Just ask my husband who was raised to not swear in front of a lady.. And for some reason thinks I still qualify, LOL

But I can cuss like a sailor... Just ask my husband who was raised to not swear in front of a lady.. And for some reason thinks I still qualify, LOL

I'm no slouch, but my wife is perhaps the most foul mouthed person I've ever met, except perhaps for her old boss (also a woman). The kid is going to end up getting kicked out of daycare.

Male feminism is actually a rather wise stance to take. If you assume the little lady you are talking to is equal to you as a man, you will think to get out of the way when her left hook comes at your ear...

My wife def has a mean right hook! She's only like 5' 3",but she taught the girl downstairs how to fly in one easy lesson for saying the washing machine pop & I brought home for her belonged to her cause it was in the basement. Bang! Zoom! Sent her flyin up to the first landing! Daaayyyooom! My g-g-g-granpa the chief woulda been proud! little big girl...

Edit; wrong thread whoops

Delete this please moderators, whoops
but enjoy this picture of my dog, she's a brew buddy.

267581_2244223429274_1358762786_2587995_3678738_n.jpg

hi ladies. i am a sahm and have no hobby, so im excited to get into brewing. my husband used to brew so he is very supportive. (i think he gets more excited then i do about it). i have started my first batch and am already itching to make number two. im going to aim for gluten free for batch two so my mom can try it. i plan on giving a bottle from my first batch to my family for christmas and surprise them. i do everything from scratch, but i dont think they will see this one coming. :)

hi ladies. i am a sahm and have no hobby, so im excited to get into brewing. my husband used to brew so he is very supportive. (i think he gets more excited then i do about it). i have started my first batch and am already itching to make number two. im going to aim for gluten free for batch two so my mom can try it. i plan on giving a bottle from my first batch to my family for christmas and surprise them. i do everything from scratch, but i dont think they will see this one coming. :)

Welcome! It's an addictive hobby, that's for sure. I love making beer (and wine, and cider, and mead) and I can't seem to stop!

Awesome! Nice to have another female about!

What else do you make?

That's true. I read that on the internet. If you read it on the internet, then it's true.

Actually, there are quite a few female brewers on this site. They just don't "look" like women from their avatars (except for me). We all love talking about beer and brewing, just as men do. I'm sure you'll find that you'll bump into female brewers, just as you do male brewers, and may not even know the difference.

Perhaps we should have avatars that include boobs... I hear that the menfolk understand that boobs=women.

Awesome! Nice to have another female about!

What else do you make?

So far I have my first batch, which is red bread ale. I'm going to make it one more time, then maybe make a chamomile lavender gluten free ale for my mom. I found a recipe that looked simple enough, but its partial grain, so I want to make sure I get it right. The red bread is extract.

If you want something fun, easy, and tasty to augment your brewing in between LHBS visits, I'm a huge proponent of JAOM and Apfelwein...

I feel the need to mention that it was a lady and not a man who got the boob train on the tracks.

I take limited responsibility.

Back