Greg Hall urinating into glasses @ Bangers & Lace

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As many times as I've been tempted to do that, I've always stumbled off to the restroom or back alley. I'm sure far worse things have happened at Bangers & Lace.

Good ol chi tribune. Showing significance in the facebook comments and likes :confused:

Overall not a good situation for anybody. :drunk:

Ok, so this bartender has never had to deal with a drunk before?? Greg Hall is the first person he's ever had a problem with??

I'm a bit surprised the the bartender felt the need to disclose this to the media. Nobody was hurt, and imagine if everyone's drunken stupidity got them mentioned in the news. Nobody would want to hang out at that place.

Hall apologized for his drunken stupidity and the server had the right to be pissed, forget about it and move on. In my mind, the server is the one who looks like a ******.

I agree with Homercidal...we all do boneheaded things. I liked that the guy offered up an apology ...followed up by a case of good brew...and offered no excuses. The barkeep's stern refusal to "accept" the apology shows more about his character than it does Hall's. What is he, a Puritan? Geez.

Is this place in dire need of media attention? If I was in the paper for every time I did something stupid at a bar, I'd have my own column by now. Dude apologized, it's time to move on.

Gotta agree with the general attitude here.

While what Hall did was utterly disgusting and class-less, we all do dumb **** when we're ****ed up. Accept the apology and move on. No one likes a uppity ******.

I'm just wondering if the Goose Island fellows left a good tip

we all do dumb **** when we're ****ed up.

Yeah, but if you act like an ******* when you're drunk and piss into a couple glasses at the table of a bar, you're probably an ******* when you're sober too.

I like to think I'm generally a very caring and thoughtful person in RL. But even I have done stuff I've not been proud of when overindulging. He admitted his mistake, and apologized. Chances are he won't be going back there too (at least I wouldn't!).

So I personally think it behooves the bar and especially the server, to accept the apology and move on. If he doesn't want to have that person back there, then call him up and tell him so. Outing someone's behaviour in public and not accepting a genuine apology is *****ey. Accepting the apology doesn't mean they have to like each other or that Hall is welcomed back with open arms. It simply means they understand sht happens and best of luck.

Homercidal said:
Ok, so this bartender has never had to deal with a drunk before?? Greg Hall is the first person he's ever had a problem with??

I'm a bit surprised the the bartender felt the need to disclose this to the media. Nobody was hurt, and imagine if everyone's drunken stupidity got them mentioned in the news. Nobody would want to hang out at that place.

Hall apologized for his drunken stupidity and the server had the right to be pissed, forget about it and move on. In my mind, the server is the one who looks like a ******.

I completely agree. Hall was a disgusting idiot, but no one got hurt. The apology seems sincere and the bartender is kind of being a baby about it. If you don't want to deal with stupid drunks, don't be a bartender.

maxam said:
Yeah, but if you act like an ******* when you're drunk and piss into a couple glasses at the table of a bar, you're probably an ******* when you're sober too.

While I agree, the thing that separates the a-holes is that they don't apologize or try to make things right by sending a case of some pretty decent beer.

I like to think I'm generally a very caring and thoughtful person in RL. But even I have done stuff I've not been proud of when overindulging. He admitted his mistake, and apologized. Chances are he won't be going back there too (at least I wouldn't!).

So I personally think it behooves the bar and especially the server, to accept the apology and move on. If he doesn't want to have that person back there, then call him up and tell him so. Outing someone's behaviour in public and not accepting a genuine apology is *****ey. Accepting the apology doesn't mean they have to like each other or that Hall is welcomed back with open arms. It simply means they understand sht happens and best of luck.

touché. Thinking if the sale of the brewery wasn't in the news lately, the story never would have made it out of the bar.

Back