Nb deadringer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IanPC

Reaction score
image-2081220674.jpg
Should there be this kind of color separation?

It is normal for beer to develop color layers as the yeast settles out, but that carboy looks backwards of what I would expect to see. Usually the lighter color layer stays on the bottom, as it is the yeast falling. Since I can see what looks like a yeast cake in the bottom of the bottle, I have no idea at all why it would look like that... Anyone else ever see reversed stratification like that?

I did a yeast starter...don't think that would have anything to do with it.

Could that be CO2 rising to the top, as the initial fermentation was really active?

(I'm just a novice brainstorming)

It smells good...it's bubbling away. The initial for Inge of the krausen look normal. I'm afraid if I do stir it I'll end up killing it. Or getting a stalled fermentation.

It smells good...it's bubbling away. The initial for Inge of the krausen look normal. I'm afraid if I do stir it I'll end up killing it. Or getting a stalled fermentation.

If it is still bubbling, give it a few more days. We can re-assess the situation if the fermentation stops, but I say let it go and see what happens

Latest posts

Back