Duvel Buys Boulevard:(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Duvel did a nice job with Ommegang, hopefully the same holds true for Boulevard, kind of bummed to see a favorite Midwest Brewery sell to the Big Boy:(
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/18/business/belgian-brewery-buys-boulevard-a-us-craft-beer-maker.html?_r=1&

Yeah, I don't necessarily like that Boulevard sold off. However, if they were going to sell to a larger company, Duvel is the one that I would want to be the buyer. They proved that they can leave the buyee to their own devices, while giving them the support of a larger company.

Wow! I hope it goes well. I'm literally wearing a Boulevard hat right now. I'm really proud of that brewery being local. I hope it doesn't change it in any negative way.

I hate that this happened but I dont think anything will change. The president of boulevard is going to stay there. I think Duvel is looking for a large American craft brewery to import overseas to the growing craft brew lovers that cant get a lot of american beers. If the beers do change, they will lose my business

It does increase the financial incentive for people to open new breweries though. Buyouts are nice for owners.

Don't think it's a huge negative. Parent company name, everything stays the same. Infact I read that it will ADD jobs to Boulevard, so thats a huge plus in my book.

Back