bud light wheat?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eeeeewwww.At least they don't advertise "bud light rice".Although it does say brewed with the finest rice on the can.

i'm probably going to try it. hopefully its like the American ale in the pop tops(which i think is actually pretty good) , the worst thing that happens is that i pay for 6 more pop top bottles

As a general rule I avoid any beer that has the words "bud" and/or "light" in the name, in any combination or separate...

coors did it right with blue moon (not the flavor, i dont like the beer) but the marketing. most of the general public things they are drinking some kind of special micro brew and it makes them feel like a connoisseur.

I have a friend that works at the AB brewery here in C'Ville and he mentioned seeing the packaging rolling out of the plant a few weeks ago, but he didn't try it. I might give it a try...

I saw that last night and did a double take. Even had to back up the DVR just to see if what I'd seen is correct. Anyone try it yet?

There ought to be a law......but at least the word "bud" is a tipoff, and you can just forget about it. We were traveling on a train from Budapest to Prague, and there was a Budweiser on the menu......now that was some REAL "Bud."

coors did it right with blue moon (not the flavor, i dont like the beer) but the marketing. most of the general public things they are drinking some kind of special micro brew and it makes them feel like a connoisseur.

But you also have the people who will only buy anything that has Bud on it. They would normally never drink a wheat beer, or stray from their Bud Light, but since it's a Bud Light Wheat, they'll buy it.

i would rather drink pabst blue ribbon then bud light. i hate bud light more then tecate light. in the battle of crap beer i choose coors original.

just saw a commercial for it. might try it. will probably be disappointed. i'm generally up for any beer, but don't think i've ever enjoyed anything with the word "light" in it.

If you like Wit beer go for it; you'd probably like it. Bud's Amber Ale is pretty good. Personally I think Wit beer is a ****ty style so I have no desire to even try it...

Aww man. I feel like such a chump. I actually don't mind a Shock Top now and then during the day.

Aww man. I feel like such a chump. I actually don't mind a Shock Top now and then during the day.

ah dont feel bad i for the most part hate wheat beers ,shocktop is one of the only ones out there that i can stand to have more than one, michalob makes 6 or 7 more wheat beers so over all i think bud makes 9 or 10 but i just dont like the whole cloudy wheat thing makes me feel blotted and yucky :(

''Bud Light Golden Wheat has all the personality of Bud Light and appeals to light beer drinkers who seek a little more flavor from their beer,”

LOL thats funny

''Bud Light Golden Wheat has all the personality of Bud Light and appeals to light beer drinkers who seek a little more flavor from their beer,”

LOL thats funny

BAHAHA!

I'll probably give it a try... I'm willing to give any beer one shot. I certainly won't seek it out... if I see it at some restaurant where their selection consists of bud and bud light, I'll order the crisp, cold, bold bud wheat. ;)

I'm going to try it. I've tried Shock Top and find it drinkable, but it doesn't blow me away. I actually don't mind their American Ale and am fine with having a Blue Moon now and then. However, I've yet to find anything labelled light from one of the big three that I really enjoyed.

I saw this commercial on during football yesterday. I think it's proof positive that niche beers, microbrews, etc. are eating into their bottom line.

I only drink Miller Lite. Why? Because it's "Triple Hopped". Gosh, I thought you people liked beer!;)

As a general rule I avoid any beer that has the words "bud" and/or "light" in the name, in any combination or separate...

+1. Add "wheat" to the list, with the exception of Agave Wheat by the Breckenridge Brewery this weekend. Not too terrible.

I'm a little torn. Part of me is happy to see BMC push some different styles of beer... hopefully expanding the market for "good" beers.

Yet I am also sad because I don't like seeing BMC encroaching on the craft market.

I'm a little torn. Part of me is happy to see BMC push some different styles of beer... hopefully expanding the market for "good" beers.

Yet I am also sad because I don't like seeing BMC encroaching on the craft market.

Yes it is nice to see them try at a new style but they are trying to pass it off as bud light. Why would you call a wheat beer bud light? This is strictly for gathering the largest demographics attention to it to drive sales up by brand recognition. Obviously the name "shock top" just wasn't doing it.

I agree, and yet they may shoot themselves in the foot. On one level they are converting their "standard crowd" into a group that has more awareness for better beer.

Secondly, these "enlightened beer geeks" may try other craft beers and they lose their BMC drinker? Stranger things have happened!:eek:

On one level they are converting their "standard crowd" into a group that has more awareness for better beer.

Secondly, these "enlightened beer geeks" may try other craft beers and they lose their BMC drinker? Stranger things have happened!:eek:

That's a bit of a stretch, I don't think there is any conversion going on here. I doubt that a typical bud light drinker is going to switch over to this but rather try it.

Also, have you had shock top? They are not good at making a wheat beer, IMO.

My wife bought a sixer. I tried it. It's not bad. If it had a malt back bone I'd even call it well balanced. For 110 calories it is really pretty good. Aroma is citrus and spice. Gold color and very cloudy. It has yeast sediment. Much better than shock top. It just needs some continental malt.

I think they are going after the bluemoon drinkers,you know, coors.

Well, I dunno about Blue Moon drinkers, but if they're going after the Weihenstephaner or Gumball Head drinkers, they're going to be sadly disappointed in their sales. I haven't had this particular concoction, but I was marooned in a bar at Disneyworld that only had Shock Top and assorted swill on draft, so I tried the ST, and the best I'll say is that it was a way to pass the time. They're going to have to do much, MUCH better than ST in order to be a player in the real wheat beer arena.

OTOH, I suspect the name is both honest and accurate: "light." I decided after walking past earlier offerings to pick up a Michelob sampler at Sam's Club. The price was right ($20 for 24), and there were four styles in there I found interesting: Bavarian Wheat, Pale Ale, Rye P.A., and Porter. They were all -somewhat- true to the style, in the same way that Folger's coffee compares to Starbucks or Papanicholas. The current movement among the bigs to horn in on the market might best be called "craft beer light." And I don't like light beer.

Had to try it. It is more of a wit. Imagine a bud light with some yeast coriander and orange peel.

Still tastes like a lager so figure that one out. It is a bit odd but if you put one in my hand, I'll drink it.

Not to poo-poo the big guys though. I got to admit, I love the banana yeast flavor in those Michelob wheats(both bavarian and dunkel). It seems tough to find a bavarian wheat yeast that favors banana over clove. Maybe worth harvesting...

Latest posts

Back