12-12-12 Showdown Wee Heavy vs. Quad

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12-12-12 Belgian Quadruple vs. Scottish Wee Heavy

• Belgian Quadrupel

• Scottish Wee Heavy

Results are only viewable after voting.

smokinghole

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So based on the 10 choice poll it seemed to have been narrowed down to Wee Heavy and Belgian Quad. The purpose of this poll is to pool votes from the eight losing beers to make a final decision on style. Well, a final decision on style if we in fact are restricting ourselves to one style. I know there was suggestion of making the grain bill work for both/either.

As far as I could tell the common thread between the two would be oak treatment. The recipe itself will be hashed out after a winner is determined.

I will leave this poll open for two weeks. :mug:

Voted for the Wee Heavy as I'm not a fan of anything Belgium. Hate the spicy yeast character... It's a flaw of mine. :eek:

Mmmm scotch, im voting scotch ale, mostly because iv been wanting to do one for a while and iv got some crazy ideas for it. How does this work btw, is one recipe kinda chosen that every one sticks to or do we just make whatever is chosen within style guidelines?

Damn, initial discussion had the quad looking like the leading vote-getter...not anymore.

Is this the thread where everyone brews the same style and there is a big round robin mail around? I remember reading about last years. I want in this time.

And I'm all about a quad!

Clan MacGillivray claims this a Scottish victory!!

MacGillivrayCrest.jpg

MacGillavry Tartan.jpg

I agree with one of the above posters. I vote for a Quad.... a 12% beer on 12-12-12. Now can we start on discussion for the next one in this series.... oh wait there won't be another brew in this series. This is the last one... and we want to make it a Wee Heavy? I think I might try making a Wee Heavy next month.. it's a good beer but nothing special.

I don't like the idea of making a beer 12% just because of the day. It takes some serious yeast management, temp control, nutrients and recipe tweaking to make a very tasty beer north of 10%.

Back