The Ultimate Brew Stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

limulus

Reaction score
Hello Lads,
I have been wanting a new brew stand for the last couple of years. I have gone back and forth between a custom 3-vessel stand with automation or a diy stand from strut. During this time, I also went from a 3-vessel brewing system to a 2-vessel (kettle inside a kettle) no sparge system with an electric RIMS tube that gets me 75% efficiency. So I really only needed something for one kettle. I also still heat strike water and do my boiling with propane. The diy strut stand was looking like the way to go. But then I noticed Adventures In Homebrewing had a new line of burners and stands. Their top model is the Ultimate Brew Stand. The description sounded like it was a behemoth: 1.5" square powder coated tubing, 10" banjo burner, 30psi regulator, 21" tall with a cool looking 3" tall diamond plate wind screen.

I ordered it and yes, it is a behemoth weighing over 50lbs. As usual, those guys shipped it immediately. I ordered on July 4 and received it July 9. I have not used it yet, but it is one hefty and well-built stand. The weight and size must have been a problem for UPS because they damaged the diamond plate wind screen. But they seem to find a way to damage a lot of large items. Jason is sending me a new screen and is probably going to start shipping these with the screen detached. It is bolt-on anyway. The only thing I'd like to see on this rig is casters. It has screw-in/out adjustable feet for leveling. But they are huge and the diameter is much bigger than any threaded casters I've seen. For $199, I could have probably built one from uni-strut, but this thing looks like a serious rig and is probably big enough to hold something much larger than my 15gal kettle. I will be adding casters to this so I can roll it around.

There are a lot of really nice stands/sculptures on the market with plumbing and pumps that cost thousands. But you could buy three of these and add your own pumps for under $1k. These would probably be quite nice in a nano brewery.

I have a few photos below and you can see the size of this thing with a 15gal kettle and a 13gal fermenter. You can also see where UPS kissed it three times.

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

Very nice! Keep us updated on how the powdercoating holds up to heat around the burner.

I brewed a 10gal batch yesterday. As expected, the powder coating burned off the burner shield. But I did not care and I expected it. The replacement diamond plate should arrive soon. It worked great overall. Btw, I also got 80% yesterday, but had nothing to do with the stand. The batch was so 10 gal and I had to sparge.

Got around to removing the wind shield that was damaged in shipping and installed the new one. The one thing that worried me was the fit of the new shield. But, it fit perfectly and the holes all lined up perfectly. So I know these things are not just thrown together. It also looks a lot better now.

DSC_0048.jpg

Latest posts

Back