Zoomin IPA from Northern Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazarwolf

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this?

It looks good. I'd love to get 10-15 gallons of this done while conditions are perfect for fermentation.

But I'm a little hesitant about a 20M boil. I'm a very experienced extract brewer, and I do small batch all grain. So no comments about "just do all grain", please. I understand that scientifically there is no need for a 60 m boil. But it is just what I always do. If this thing tastes good this is a fast way to get stocked up for summer.

I'm an experienced all-grain brewer and I recently did this exact kit solely because I wanted a way to try out my new pump/therminator combo without the fuss of a full brew day.

I kegged it two weeks ago and had a glass or two last night. It is very good. Really.

I did it as a full boil, so I'd definitely recommend that.

I occasionally do small extract batches and a short boil. When I want to try out a new hop, I'll do a 2.5 gallon batch, and load up the finish hops. I usually need a small bittering charge, that is added at 20 or 25 minutes. I've not found any problems with sub 30 minute boils for extract.

I do short boil extract batches all the time. Check out the 15 minute pale ale in the recipes section. I've done so many variations of it (different hops, less caramel malt, etc). They turn out great.

As for the Zoomin Pale from NB, go for it. I brewed it a year ago, and it was really good.

Back