YouTube Vids

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panicbuttonguy

Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you have recommendations on YouTube videos that are good for visual learners just getting into the hobby. I'm burnt out on reading at the moment.

CraigTube's videos about brewing are always fun and entertaining. Since it seems you've already been reading on the subject, hopefully you won't pick up any of his bad habits.

Here is part one of his series. Don't laugh at his sweatshirt. Or at him. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Craig's videos gave me a lot of information when I was just starting. He helped me feel comfortable brewing. Recommend them highly.

NRS

craigtube was actually one who motivated me to try this.. always thought it required a ton of work and gear.

craigtube gets a lot of flack for his practices, but he isn't in this hobby for craft beer. If you are don't use him as a mentor. He makes it clear he is in it to make beer cheaper than he can buy it and he is fine with that.

This was one that really helped me with the AG process before jumping in. Keep in mind, even with AG brewing, you don't need the type of setup this guy has. This is my original AG setup. One Keg, one burner, one cooler and a couple buckets.
My_Ghettoa_setup.jpg

Part 1

Part 2

My favorite is brewingtv.com

BobbyM's stuff is awesome.

I fool around with the camera from time to time...check out the link in my sig if you're curious.

Yea I like that one too. He makes a good point though. You can make good beer with extract - you can make good beer with grains. Pick a method that suits your tastes and lifestyles and have fun brewing and drinking beer.

Ive been brewing canned kits for almost 4 years no and have not moved beyond. Im happy with the beer quality, works well with my limited space/limited time and its fun.

People who brew with grains do it cause it fits their lifestyle. Bottom line is good quality beer IS produced both ways - pick a style and have fun

I can see all grain being better and perhaps one day i will be there. but craig is 100% right though, people have to start some where. if not for these kits i would never get into this hobby.

No, keep looking. Craigtube is actually an extremely talented musician, who just happens to make his own beer.

I give the guy a lot of credit for all the different things he does with his life....

...but far too often his channel feels like one long SNL sketch. I'm surprised some of his stuff hasn't gone viral. So cheesy...

I agree, Craig seems a solid guy. Watch his beer movies for an intro, his music is ok. But sometimes he just sits in front of the camera and talks....

...but far too often his channel feels like one long SNL sketch.

The video about extract vs. all-grain seriously reminded me of Bruce McCullough's rant from Kids in the Hall "to the guy who stole his bike wheel."

I kept thinking the whole way through, "he's even talking like he's in a Kids in the Hall sketch!" Then about 3/4 of the way through it becomes clear that he is Canadian, so I guess that makes sense :)

I watched a few of his videos this afternoon, though, and cheers to him for doing what he does. And I agree with him. Keep it fun for you.

troub said:
The video about extract vs. all-grain seriously reminded me of Bruce McCullough's rant from Kids in the Hall "to the guy who stole his bike wheel."
To me, it kind of reminded me of the "Stop Calling Me a Homo" kid.

edit: Sorry, Yuri. You posted that while I was typing.

Bobby M stuff is great, there is also a plethora of you tube vids that i find useful, try throwing in different search terms in relation to brewing not just the common ones, this has landed me into some awesome vids that just wernt titled properly..

This link http://www.homebrewingvideo.com/category/all-videos/ has videos covering just about every step of the extract brewing process. When I first started brewing and had no idea what was involved, it really helped me prepare for what to expect at every step of the process. From what equipment is needed, to racking, to what fermentation looks like, to bottling, it's all there in a video.

Guy makes a good point. Baby steps are what I needed. It is supposed to be FUN, and I respect him for trying to get folks involved.

Cheers Craigtube. :mug:

don't get me wrong, the vid does make me laugh every time cause he's clearly frustrated (insert devil horns here - I'm a di@k :D). But truth be told, I started with a coopers kit from watching his videos. yep, thanks Craig for helping a lot of people get started :rockin:

Well I decided to get into brewing and that this month was going to be spent learning the process. I've read "The Complete Joy of Home Brewing" and halfway through "How to Brew" and have to say books are awesome but YouTube helps out tons. Thanks for posting the links it's actually a big help . . . not like I can't search for them, just nice to know what other people in the hobby make/watch/watched.

Back