Your thoughts on Citra alternatives

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mindhop

Reaction score
Greetings boys and girls
It is old news that Citra hops are not available. I just brewed a Citra Pale Ale and loved it! 10 gallon batch is gone (we are such lushes!). I want to brew it again and there in lies the problem.....No f#%}ing Citra hops!!!!! So who has found a good replacement for Citra? How did you use the replacement and did you like it better than the Citra? Thanks for all the future comments and thoughts.

Cheers!

While I have never used citra hops myself, I recently brewed a citrus IPA dry hopped with summit and cascade along with some strips of fresh orange and lemon zest. It is a fantastic brew IMO. Just something to think about as another way to get those citrus notes in there.

Galaxy is very close to Citra, but may be hard to find. A new crop should be out soon though.

That said, I am a huge Citra fan (see my zombie dust recipe), and am lucky enough to have a few lbs in the freezer. Can't get enough of it.

Back