You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When your spouse is so used to random equipment laying any and everywhere that she doesn't say anything to you when an empty keg and fermentation bucket show up in the master bathtub, even though 1) it's been months since my last brew session and 2) I offered no explanation as to why they're there in the first place.

They've been there for like 2 weeks now, I kinnda want to keep it there to see how long I can go without hearing about it...

That doesn't completely stop the yeast. It just slows them down. When I back sweeten and bottle still, there is noticeable carbonation after a month in the fridge. Those yeast are persistent buggers.
Have to agree with this, i made some moonshine brew (sugar, yeast and water) when it finished i didn't have a carbon filter @ the time, so i stuck it in the freezer for a couple of days thinking that will kill the yeast. left it out to defrost & ready to filter, while i was waiting the buggers started up again.

Hulud said:
Forget the neighbors, try dumpster diving behind a bar
I actually considered this :yes::yes:
In the US, most of the bottles at the bars are twist-offs. I got all of my bottles from a sushi restaurant - Sapporo, Kirin Ichiban and Asahi are all pry-offs. I talked to the owner and he would set them out Friday and Saturday after closing for me.

You might be a homebrewer who brews too much, when upon new neighbors moving in a few doors down, the across the street neighbors upon meeting the new ones, point to my house and say "she brews beer, not meth. You'll smell it this weekend." Apparently on a good day you can smell boiling wort three houses down.

When your spouse is so used to random equipment laying any and everywhere that she doesn't say anything to you when an empty keg and fermentation bucket show up in the master bathtub, even though 1) it's been months since my last brew session and 2) I offered no explanation as to why they're there in the first place.

They've been there for like 2 weeks now, I kinnda want to keep it there to see how long I can go without hearing about it...

Check post #7201

I don’t know, I enjoy both breweries in town, one is three blocks away. I’m fairly new to craft beer and have been inspired to attempt a few clones. Usually I just have one or two anyway. The one closest to me is a former club member gone pro. I don’t mind contributing to his new career and establishment. Asked him to sell me his B.I.I.P.A for $20. Wouldn’t give it up... so I made my own...

Old dishwasher finally craps out, you buy a new one, and realize excitedly that with careful packing it will sanitize 3.5 cases of bottles instead of just two cases and a shorty six-pack. Yay for the deep top rack!

When you're mixing concrete in a wheelbarrow, and try to work out the grist:liquor ratio as you mash in.

You might be a homebrewer who brews too much, when upon new neighbors moving in a few doors down, the across the street neighbors upon meeting the new ones, point to my house and say "she brews beer, not meth. You'll smell it this weekend." Apparently on a good day you can smell boiling wort three houses down.
My son drove up the driveway last time I brewed and said he could smell it (hops) from the road. we live in the country and the distance from where I brew (inside the pole barn) to the road is a good 250 ft.

Back