You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
your listening to Nine Inch Nails - Head like a hole, thinking about this thread, trying to come up with a way to make a joke about masturbation and drinking homemade beer...just to post something like this in a thread like this...

you start thinking about old co-workers at the grocery store who had parents that were hop farmers in idaho, and always brought you garbage bags full of whole leaf hops...and start weeping over missed love....

When you have a vanity bath, and all you can think to do with it, is sprout barley!

100_0348.JPG

you have 10 left over store bought IPA's in your beer fridge, just kegged up a batch, barley even cold yet... and still choose the flat homebrew...

then decide to post pic about it on a public forum, look at it and realize, 'damn boy, you need to clean your fridge'....lol

and i've had bottles like that sit in my fridge for years before actually drinking them...

100_0460.JPG

I have 3 or 4 of those s shaped airlocks .. without the little hats they like to wear. No where to be found. Thank heaven for aluminum foil.

I have 3 or 4 of those s shaped airlocks .. without the little hats they like to wear. No where to be found. Thank heaven for aluminum foil.
I like to stuff a cotton ball in the top, wetted with starsan to prevent any mold growth. In my imagination it lets CO2 out but prevents fruit flies and any airborne nasties from falling in while also slowing the rate of evaporation to avoid a dry airlock.

You know you're a homebrewer when you geek out about airlock tips & tricks and when you count among your prized possessions a stainless thermowell and a suck-back preventer :)

when it's bed time, you have crystal malt roasting in the oven filling the house with a smell that reminds you of an idea of what heaven might be like, freshly laundered bedding, and think...damn...can life get any better....

Not an option for me, no space and I normally drink inside and brew/condition in the garage so I`d have to draw pipelines into the office :D

i was just talking about having to walk to the fridge, and glycol chillers too! sounds like you have a nice working environment!:mug:

your listening to Nine Inch Nails - Head like a hole, thinking about this thread, trying to come up with a way to make a joke about masturbation and drinking homemade beer...just to post something like this in a thread like this...

Or, you're listening to Frank Zappa and thinking, We need a brew slut...

Or how about this, while your pouring your soak water for barley, and thinking about how all the other 'cool homebrewers' make fun of you! lol

(granted i do talk out my ass most of the time)

When the pint you just pulled from your keg is crystal clear and you get "empty keg" anxiety because you now know you only have 3 pints left in it...

When the pint you just pulled from your keg is crystal clear and you get "empty keg" anxiety because you now know you only have 3 pints left in it...

When you sympathize with someone upon hearing they have an almost empty keg, and hope the last pour is a perfectly full glass! (and hope you don't get nightmares tonight, about it being the only keg they had)

When you sympathize with someone upon hearing they have an almost empty keg, and hope the last pour is a perfectly full glass! (and hope you don't get nightmares tonight, about it being the only keg they had)
HAHAHAHA! sigh.... well, I know I am a home brewer because I have a keezer in the basement that has 5 full secondary fermenters just begging to be kegged!

HAHAHAHA! sigh.... well, I know I am a home brewer because I have a keezer in the basement that has 5 full secondary fermenters just begging to be kegged!

At least there's that, but wouldn't it be warm and flat? I mean i got 6 gallons of 65% rum-whiskey, but that's just a collectors item. Not really for drinking?

I know i'm a homebrewer because at reading that post, i want to get a link to a GoFundMe page so i chip in a 5 spot to get you some more kegs! (seriously!)

At least there's that, but wouldn't it be warm and flat? I mean i got 6 gallons of 65% rum-whiskey, but that's just a collectors item. Not really for drinking?

I know i'm a homebrewer because at reading that post, i want to get a link to a GoFundMe page so i chip in a 5 spot to get you some more kegs! (seriously!)

Oh! lol my keezer is set to just above freezing. So my 5 secondaries are cold. (and flat)
I have many empty spare kegs... the only thing worse than no beer... is a lazy home brewer.. hahaha!!!

Back