You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SWMBO tells you no more brewing or buying until your dedicated shelf in the second fridge is half gone (still have to use it for food and some soda). Oooops I failed to mention that I was looking at getting a smaller CO2 tank to so the keg takes up less space and let her know there is more beer behind the stash of wine for family gatherings. :mug:

When you receive a little Xmas cash and you're already looking up gear online to see how you'll spend that wad that's burning a hole in your pocket.

Spread some cheer and pass it on my way :D

I'm keeping an active list of wants just for this very purpose... And birthdays. Hell I'm almost tempted to get married, so I can also get brew stuff for anniversary gifts. Hmm... Maybe I can score a march pump for a wedding gift.

Your depressed that you give your best brews away for the holidays.....hoping the " also beers" get better before your next batches are ready.

Hah... Being a homebrewer is like being bipolar. You're excited for everyone to try your stuff, but depressed as hell when it's gone.

Yes, but that gives you reason to brew another batch!

[AAmeeting]
Hello, my name is Chris and I'm a homebrewer.
[/AAmeeting]

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Home Brew mobile app

Yes, but that gives you reason to brew another batch!

[AAmeeting]
Hello, my name is Chris and I'm a homebrewer.
[/AAmeeting]

I am diagnosing you with brewpolar disorder. Your prescription is to brew up another batch and call me in the morning.

Trust in me I'm Dr. Strangebrew. I have a PHD in brewology.

When this is what your swmbo got you for christmas ImageUploadedByHome Brew1387980583.783882.jpg

...and the first thing you do is post it to hbt

In laws brought a Belgian wit kit. That'll be in a fermenter by the end of the week. Nice cornys. Did you get the kegerator too?

When your inlaws get you the delux starter kit and a burner and wife gets you ingredients for a chinook ipa and she went LHBS and milled the grains all by her self and just the thought of that turned me on
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388064040.745158.jpg

And when your fridge looks like this because I was worried to put my Masson jars of washed yeast in the freezer it see post from above and will be throwing them in the freezer now
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388064155.787026.jpg

Bad pic but te washed yeast is taking up a lot of room, and the apple pie shine I made on Christmas Eve is too

When your inlaws get you the delux starter kit and a burner and wife gets you ingredients for a chinook ipa and she went LHBS and milled the grains all by her self and just the thought of that turned me on
View attachment 168171

And when your fridge looks like this because I was worried to put my Masson jars of washed yeast in the freezer it see post from above and will be throwing them in the freezer now
View attachment 168172

Bad pic but te washed yeast is taking up a lot of room, and the apple pie shine I made on Christmas Eve is too

You, sir, need help making room in that fridge!
It's gonna mess with my schedule, but,... I'm on the way. :tank:

pb --- Bringing a thurst along as well! :mug:

Lol yea I have a case of hard root beer to go in there too time to freeze some yeast, and once I brew the chinook ipa I'll have 52 more I need another fridge

I was worried to put my Masson jars of washed yeast in the freezer it see post from above and will be throwing them in the freezer now

Time to freeze some yeast

Don't! Unless you want to kill your yeast. First off, it looks to me like he has hops in those jars in his freezer. Yeast will die in the freezer if don't properly prep them first. You have to use glycol to keep the water from freezing you also want to insulate them to keep the temp steady from the defrost cycle.

There are forums on freezing yeast. You can also look into doing slants.

If you toss your yeast right in the freezer, the ice crystals will puncture the yeast killing them.

That looks like the Bass Pro Shops turkey fryer I wanted to get for my brew setup!

When you're drinking a robust vanilla porter & think," This needs a even half pound of chocolate malt & a touch more roasted barley for that dark,semi sweet Euro chocolate flavor to go with the vanilla"!:ban::mug:

Don't! Unless you want to kill your yeast. First off, it looks to me like he has hops in those jars in his freezer. Yeast will die in the freezer if don't properly prep them first. You have to use glycol to keep the water from freezing you also want to insulate them to keep the temp steady from the defrost cycle.

There are forums on freezing yeast. You can also look into doing slants.

If you toss your yeast right in the freezer, the ice crystals will puncture the yeast killing them.

Wow glad I read this before I did any thing yea I re looked at the pic looks like hops looks like time to organize and drink up

When your brew day is f'ed from falling and trashing your leg and while getting stitched up your in deep thought over what to name said beer I was going to brew, came up with 26 stitch IPA
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388186123.326113.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388186152.054824.jpg

Or when I was in deep though at the hospital and was thinking about asking them for some iodine some test tubes and flask but figured the wife wouldn't be amused. It was so hard not to ask they had iodine in nice small capsules and prolly had some good flask in the lab

Or when I was in deep though at the hospital and was thinking about asking them for some iodine some test tubes and flask but figured the wife wouldn't be amused. It was so hard not to ask they had iodine in nice small capsules and prolly had some good flask in the lab

I could see a good sport MAYBE hooking you up with some iodine, but you actually think you'd have even the slightest hope in hell asking for glassware? Really? :confused:

Damn... Looks like the carboy horror story thread.

Figured I would try but decided not to lol just what got me by the stitching of a horrible novacane(sp) job

Let's just say I was an idiot and wasn't thinking trying to turn off the Christmas lights on the roof and stepped up on the trash can from a bench I'm refinishing and the trash can slipped out on ice when I transferred my weight and I came down on the bench. Let's just say I will never be doing anything that stupid again bench is gone and no more roof lights

Let's just say I was an idiot and wasn't thinking trying to turn off the Christmas lights on the roof and stepped up on the trash can from a bench I'm refinishing and the trash can slipped out on ice when I transferred my weight and I came down on the bench. Let's just say I will never be doing anything that stupid again bench is gone and no more roof lights

This is why I don't work around the house. It's too dangerous. But my GF doesn't seem to care for my saftey!

You know you are homebrewer when: Despite that last batch getting a mild infection from being left in the primary for 4 months, you still commit to drinking every bottle. Because 1) you don't ever waste beer 2) it isn't That Bad 3) It really encourages you to not make that mistake again. Nothing like laying in the bed you made to ensure you make a better bed.

P.S. the up side to is that you can really, REALLY, taste the yeast profile. Or something...It goes beyond the typical "toasted bread" descriptions. It's more like, apples and toasted bread mixed with tarter and apple juice.

You know you are homebrewer when: Despite that last batch getting a mild infection from being left in the primary for 4 months, you still commit to drinking every bottle. Because 1) you don't ever waste beer 2) it isn't That Bad 3) It really encourages you to not make that mistake again. Nothing like laying in the bed you made to ensure you make a better bed.

P.S. the up side to is that you can really, REALLY, taste the yeast profile. Or something...It goes beyond the typical "toasted bread" descriptions. It's more like, apples and toasted bread mixed with tarter and apple juice.

That's a very strange profile...

Fermented a wee to warm it sounds. ...

Yeah I don't think I would drink that...but I have a weak stomach.

Latest posts

Back