You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have to spend $400 on car repairs, and wait most of the day for the mechanic to call you back, but you're more upset at the fact that you missed a planned brew day than about the money. Fortunately, there's still one more day in the weekend...

You have to spend $400 on car repairs, and wait most of the day for the mechanic to call you back, but you're more upset at the fact that you missed a planned brew day than about the money. Fortunately, there's still one more day in the weekend...

You been spying on me?!?!?!
That's exactly what happened to me yesterday! :tank::tank:

pb

I have a firewall,defender,anti malware/virus scanner. i now have hitman pro that scans for malware on bootup as well. It's def way more specific than just virus/malware scanners. Had to do some 4 hours of work to optimize everything to prevent further BS...:mug:

I have a firewall,defender,anti malware/virus scanner. i now have hitman pro that scans for malware on bootup as well. It's def way more specific than just virus/malware scanners. Had to do some 4 hours of work to optimize everything to prevent further BS...:mug:

Wow. I just do a OS reinstall every 6 months-year or so. Well, I have an image of the install and just restore it every now and again when things get slow. On top of that windows free av and I have no problems. True my WAP has a built in firewall, but I find using one of the ad blockers(not active on this site) for casual surfing is what saves you from the viruses.

unionrdr said:

Just be careful. Running multiple protection programs at once can create problems and be counterproductive. If you google "computer protection Lifehacker" some helpful articles come up on that site.

When your SWMBO gets frustrated with all your equipment and needed storage space and says "Home brewing is justified hoarding!"

MaxStout said:
When my wife reminded me of the words I said when I was just starting the hobby: "The equipment is only a couple hundred bucks..."

And she went for that?!!?! I told mine that the equipment was just $80 and my friend and I could split the cost!

You didn't have to pay a fine to the FBI did you?

No,no fines. Damn hackers stoled needed files/drivers. Cost $300 to use microsoft online repair...& that's just a one time fix. Yearly sub is $400! It's because of microsoft's registered software. you gotta pay to play...
On a better note,I get to check my Traditional stout today to see how the oaked bourbon is doing in secondary.

It's physically impossible for me to form the words "homeowners association" without first saying "homebrewers association" and then correcting myself.

I constantly see containers (usually coolers) on the side of the interstate and consider stopping. Or at least think of how I would use them in brewing.

When you forgot to do some banking after voting yesterday & today's bottling day. Now it's late pmt day & messed up e-mail & cell phone day as well. Gotta wait for confermantion to call yahoo to get my e-mail back since microsoft online repair. AAAAAARRRGGGH!!!&*%^@$@#$^%&:drunk::mad:

When you refer to drinking beers out of a batch as 'having a sample' only to notice later that you have supped 10 500ml samples

Whattawort said:
When you muscle through 5gal of not-so-great homebrew in a week so you can have an empty keg ready for the next batch. I need more kegs.
+1 but for the bottles

When you muscle through 5gal of not-so-great homebrew in a week so you can have an empty keg ready for the next batch. I need more kegs.

Working on this as I type :mug:

When a facebook friend says she had coffee beer and you offer Founders Oatmeal Stout as a recommendation...and feel more satisfied about that than anything else you've done all day.

Golddiggie said:
And then you arrive back home with twice as much stuff as you were supposed to get, with the extra being for use in brewing, or brewing related. My last several trips to hardware stores have been brewing related/driven.

I know this post is from page 3 but it is so true. To make things worse, I work in a hardware store and spend a considerable amount of time checking to see what I coul possibly incorporate or order in as new stock that might be brewing related. I guess my boss is working toward the right direction by now carrying mr. Beer kits. Now if only he would stock grains, hops and yeast...

When you meet a pro brewer at a tap takover event, and you shamelessly work the fact that you're a homebrewer into the conversation any way you can.

When you get overly excited about the test pump that came in the mail! Can't afford a chugger, but I could afford the $23 high temp mini pump. If it doesn't work, I'm not out much. W00t!

When u go to a microbrewery and the beer tastes ****ty and you know its the yeasy strain, not dirty skunky draft lines. Then you look at their $120000 worth of equipment and think of what you cud do with that .....

Whattawort said:
When you get overly excited about the test pump that came in the mail! Can't afford a chugger, but I could afford the $23 high temp mini pump. If it doesn't work, I'm not out much. W00t!

If it is the same pump that my friend bought, it works great for water, but wort clogs it up.

No,no fines. Damn hackers stoled needed files/drivers. Cost $300 to use microsoft online repair...& that's just a one time fix. Yearly sub is $400! It's because of microsoft's registered software. you gotta pay to play...
On a better note,I get to check my Traditional stout today to see how the oaked bourbon is doing in secondary.
:off:
No offense, but you might want to grab a copy of clonezilla live. You can create a backup copy of your system on disks. That way if it gets smashed again you can reload from the backup...

When you finally bottled a good stout 2 days ago & get cleaned up in time to brew a porter with the freebie doubled up grains you got from the first one. :ban::rockin:

When u go to a microbrewery and the beer tastes ****ty and you know its the yeasy strain, not dirty skunky draft lines. Then you look at their $120000 worth of equipment and think of what you cud do with that .....

Yes!

Had a friend bring me an out of state micro brew 'mix pack'. I try Beer after beer and I'm thinking to my self "man, they get PAID to make this?? Ugh."...

Latest posts

Back