You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and those nights they don't want to get out of the tub (tun?) is a mash. one night I the 5 y/o was in the tun so long I had to do a triple decot mash on him. sparging was a bastid though...

Wow. What temp did you have t o raise to to get him to release those final Dirt molecules? ;-)

Mine hate the "sparge arm" too....

...When you're booting up the computer in the morning,& decide to look at the newest copy of "Great Lakes Brewing News" you discovered at the lhbs the day before. I'd gone in to get some American oak chips for my Whiskely Stout I'm gunna brew up next Saturday,& an Italian spigot to replace the barrel tap that got stiff on the Ale Pail.
Anyway,I was leafing through the brewing news paper,& found maps with the breweries marked on them somwhere in the middle for the surrounding states!! Roads,highways & all! you guys gotta pick this up,volume 18,number 5.
It'll make a downright handy brewery tour guide. Just had to let y'all know about this one!:ban::tank::rockin:

When you discover mold in your basement, and instead of worrying about any effects your health, you worry about your nearby fermenters getting contaminated.

(They were fine, by the way...crisis averted!)

MaxStout said:
When you are pondering a beer purchase in the liquor store, and it's a close tie between one or the other, your choice is based on how suitable the bottles would be for home brew. And, yes, I've done that.

Exactly! I just thought twice about buying a 4 pack of Surly Bender. I can't get it close to home. It's excellent, but comes in cans. 😥. In the end I of course bought it. I compared side to side with my clone kit. My wife actually preferred mine 😃

When you are pondering a beer purchase in the liquor store, and it's a close tie between one or the other, your choice is based on how suitable the bottles would be for home brew.

And, yes, I've done that.

My wife loves it when I bring home Green Flash West Coast IPA for her. I secretly covet the bottles of this fine brew.

msa8967 said:
My wife loves it when I bring home Green Flash West Coast IPA for her. I secretly covet the bottles of this fine brew.
Yes but I tried to bottle in their bottles and I couldn't get the cap on. I think it was the a
Le Freak. Cap just wouldn't fit. You able to bottle in these?

Yes but I tried to bottle in their bottles and I couldn't get the cap on. I think it was the a
Le Freak. Cap just wouldn't fit. You able to bottle in these?

I've never had an issue bottling in Green Flash bottles.

plumber_bob said:
When the deciding factor of taking a vacation day or two is if you are ready to brew or not. pb

Haha, I've definitely planned a couple "mental health days" around my brewing schedule...or is it vice versa? :drunk:

...When you're booting up the computer in the morning,& decide to look at the newest copy of "Great Lakes Brewing News" you discovered at the lhbs the day before. I'd gone in to get some American oak chips for my Whiskely Stout I'm gunna brew up next Saturday,& an Italian spigot to replace the barrel tap that got stiff on the Ale Pail.
Anyway,I was leafing through the brewing news paper,& found maps with the breweries marked on them somwhere in the middle for the surrounding states!! Roads,highways & all! you guys gotta pick this up,volume 18,number 5.
It'll make a downright handy brewery tour guide. Just had to let y'all know about this one!:ban::tank::rockin:

(Blank) brewing news is awesome. We get new England brewing news here in mass. It covers NY (even though it isn't NE) mass, ct, VT, nh, me, ri. I love it. Wonderful news paper.

^^Me thinks the grains & punkin went bad though. Great Lakes Brewing News covers OH,NY,PA WI MI IN IL...other surrounding states as well. Great lil paper I was previously unaware of.

Exactly! I just thought twice about buying a 4 pack of Surly Bender. I can't get it close to home. It's excellent, but comes in cans. 😥. In the end I of course bought it. I compared side to side with my clone kit. My wife actually preferred mine 😃

I did a beer trade not too long ago and ended up with a surly hell. I just drank it. It too was in a can, but I poured it into a glass anyway. It was pretty damn good. I need to start doing lagers.

When you see those awful Bud "do you know who brewed your beer?" ads running on MLB postseason games, and can raise your fists, proudly extend your thumbs, and say "Yup, this guy right here."

(also, go A's!)

feinbera said:
When you see those awful Bud "do you know who brewed your beer?" ads running on MLB postseason games, and can raise your fists, proudly extend your thumbs, and say "Yup, this guy right here." (also, go A's!)
Yea laughed at those commercials. Trying to make a mega corporation seem as personal as the craft breweries.

When you see those awful Bud "do you know who brewed your beer?" ads running on MLB postseason games, and can raise your fists, proudly extend your thumbs, and say "Yup, this guy right here."

(also, go A's!)

I dunno, man, they seem legit ;)

I dunno, man, they seem legit ;)

Ya if it was for this Budweiser company
budweiser-budvar.gif

I live in an apartment...I brewed a winter warmer Saturday and it is fermenting away right now, it's 55 out and the window is open with a fan blowing in to get the temp into the 60s. My wife is in a sweatshirt and under a blanket but fine with it because of the reason...

You pour your Sam Adams "slow homebrew style". You know to leave the yeast behind.

Habits are hard to break 😃

bd2xu said:
Yes but I tried to bottle in their bottles and I couldn't get the cap on. I think it was the a Le Freak. Cap just wouldn't fit. You able to bottle in these?

No problem with bench capper. Are you using a wing?

GrogNerd said:
when you already have brew days planned out for all of 2014 CHECK!
This isn't the 'you know you're obsessive compulsive when...' thread. :D I don't even have my second brew day for the week planned yet.

SWMBO came home tonight and said I had to start bottling some beers out of the kegs, she traded MY full beers for empties with her boss
1 full beer = 12 empties and he's going to do all the sanitizing and de-labelling as well

SWMBO came home tonight and said I had to start bottling some beers out of the kegs, she traded MY full beers for empties with her boss
1 full beer = 12 empties and he's going to do all the sanitizing and de-labelling as well
Hmm, Woot?

Back