You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or watching the break. I caught myself watching the precipitate fall out of suspension one day after brewing. It was then I knew I was a nerd. :p

When you spend an hour at the lhbs just tasting different grains while deciding on a new recipe.

I love that my lhbs is all hands on.

When you seriously consider reaching in and snagging the Sam Adams bottles on the top of the county recycling bin.
It's right there and I'm going to reuse it over and over again...but I don't think wife would agree.

When after leaving your date's place after getting laid, you're most excited about the empty beer bottles you get to being home from her house.

Cheesy_Goodness said:
When you seriously consider reaching in and snagging the Sam Adams bottles on the top of the county recycling bin.
It's right there and I'm going to reuse it over and over again...but I don't think wife would agree.

When you actually route through your neighbor's recycling bins on trash night and pull out the bottles!

Shuldawg said:
When you actually route through your neighbor's recycling bins on trash night and pull out the bottles!

Forget the neighbors, try dumpster diving behind a bar

When you cut open a package of hops and turn off your burner so you can "enjoy the aroma" a little longer before adding them to your boil. :)

When after leaving your date's place after getting laid, you're most excited about the empty beer bottles you get to being home from her house.
Haha! Either you are way more obsessed, or get laid a lot more then I do!

Swimming in your pool is only of secondary importance to chilling your wort.

DSC04176.jpg

Schmoogdaddy said:
Swimming in your pool is only of secondary importance to chilling your wort.

Is that an aluminum pot? Will chlorine damage aluminum?

When you hear the empty bottles clank together and your head snaps around like a hawk to see who is trying to throw your precious little ones in the trash

I saw a random license plate on the freeway today that said IBU155. I thought it was personalized, and said DAMMM can I try a frickin firkin?

When you're drinking 4-6 beers a night, but only paying for beer once a month.
This - I started this hobby a little under 2 months ago and have bought exactly one 6-pack since then (a dark lager). Though when I was in SW Michigan a couple of weeks ago I did go to a few microbreweries and try a bunch of different brews.
You still pay for beer?
Research, man!

I saw a random license plate on the freeway today that said IBU155. I thought it was personalized, and said DAMMM can I try a frickin firkin?
:D My plate starts with "ESB" which makes me pretty happy. Total coincidence.

Cheesy_Goodness said:

At the front of a grocery store, I paid a college kid $5.00 for his two cases of empty Sam Adams bottles that he was taking to the back of the store to get his bottle deposit. (Michigan has a 10 cent bottle return program.) That kid must have thought I was crazy...

You watch a new video on brewing extract when you've been brewing all-grain for years, just because you like watching brewing.

You then realize you've seen it before but keep watching anyway. :p

You agree to live with your SWMBO and her mother for a few months and one of the primary reasons is the capacity to brew on the deck because of the NG hookup, and the ability to have brewing equipment all over the basement.

One thing I can tell you is I'm never living with an in law again.

I even considered making my own Doppelbock and calling it mother in lagertor. Maybe an eisbock. Something strong enough to forget she was there any time she comes to visit.

Nothing like simultaneously raising a 1 year old and a 50 year old.

When instead of going out to the bar on your 23rd birthday you have friends over to drink homebrew and brew your next batch! :tank:

One thing I can tell you is I'm never living with an in law again.

Went through the same thing. You may get along before they are around all the time, but as soon as it becomes a daily thing, you consider punchisizing yourself in the face.

Ykyahbw you get back from vacation and before you even unpack the car, you are looking in the fermentation chamber to see how it's going and check the temps.

When your watching pawn stars and the first thing you notice is a customer in the backround is wearing a hopunion shirt :cross:

Latest posts

Back