You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You want to leave work to go home and wait for FedEx because your delivery from Midwest Supplies shows as out for delivery.

When you have a pre-planned speech ready in case the cop asks you why there are so many empty beer bottles in your car.

I know there are a group of us that wear this brewing badge on our cars. You're deep into it if you have the plate.

rdwhahb_license_plate-33281.jpg

whitehause said:
Forgot my brew recipe book at the LHBS last week. She called to tell me, so I went back to pick it up and spent another $100.....almost forgot the book again too:drunk:

Subconscious is kickin so you HAVE to go back.
Lol
;-)

your boss tells you they are buying a vacuum sealing machine with nitrogen purging abilities and your first thought is "now I can properly seal my home grown hops!!!" :ban:

When the first thing you do when you wake up is keg a batch so you can enjoy it at the end of the day. Cheers

Did you find one? Those look nice!
Sadly, no. Another member is looking at doing a minimum order and reselling to some of us. It probably won't result in anything.

I'm thinking about buying some stainless steel bottles instead. Expensive, but also awesome.

When you go to the LHBS simply to get an airlock, but come home with all the ingredients you need for an IPA.

Went by yesterday just to look at his prices on bottles and such.

Left with an Octoberfest Kit, a new larger pot, new hydrometer, and lots of other misc stuff - total $150.

I thought this whole homebrewing thing was to save a little money..?

Speaking of which...:

You know your a home brewer when you no longer do the math on how much each Beer cost to make because:
( If you counted everything - utilities, bottles, equipment and broceries )

"You know its cheaper to home brew" and you want to keep it that way.

Has to have been said before, but I will say it again -

"when you prefer a hydrometer flask sample to a fully aged beer"

BPhad said:
I was just sitting by my fermentor for last 30 mins! Nothing like the sound of co2 being emitted!

I brought my wad into the living room so it can watch tv with me. F'ing autocorrect wad=mead

Thanks to my fermenter stand being my old printer stand,I can sit at the comp & airlock sniff & listen to blow off sounds all I want without moving. But you know you're a home brewer when you still can't wait for those bottles to get ready for fridge time! :ban::tank:

When your wife walks into the walk-in closet/fermentation chamber, shakes her head, mumbles under her breath and walks back out.

She wants that space to herself,trust me. Women collect cloths & shoes. We collect important stuff like tuner car parts & beer making stuff. Besides guns for hunting & fishing stuff. I've got my makshift man cave for my beer stuff & the comp. all I need now are some french doors,a table,fridge,....:ban::mug:

We collect important stuff like tuner car parts & beer making stuff.
:rockin:

beer.jpg

Glad I am not the only one.. :mug:

You see whats in my walk-in closet. Those be Opel parts for my Manta and GT on the shelf just behind the fermenter (which is itself sitting on tool cart).

Going to get a storage building to move all the parts so I can take over the whole room for Brewing activities.

Back