You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you start researching your next recipe while chilling the wort.

You wait that long??? I have recipes formulated for the next 6-8 batches now. The order is subject to change, and minor tweaking can happen right up until when I mill the grain, but I at least have a solid idea of what I'm brewing next, and a few after that.

I know what I'm going to brew for the rest of the year. But I don't start putting the recipe together until after I brew the recipe I just put together.

When you write a database, make a website on your PC so that you can enter data from your iPhone, and use it on brew day to track the styles, OGs and names of your brothers in law and nephews that are brewing with you. All data entry is done via iPhone in the back yard as measurements are taken.

When you show up to work and your hands smell like beer but you haven't been drinking. Then you tell your boss that your hands smell like beer because you had to purge your keg in the morning before work.....:D

beerloaf

When you make a beeline for the cable store when your modem goes south just so you can back on HBT! Then check out your airlock...:D

When you're watching a guy showing how to make black bean soup,see the foam starting to rise on top. Then instantly think "hot break! Cool"!

Your wife takes old White Labs vials full of salad dressing for her lunch at work.
When you check new kitchen faucets to make sure you can attach your bottle washer adapter before you buy it.
When you stay up until 3 AM bottling 10 gallons of beer the morning of your double hernia surgery because you know it'll be weeks before the wife lets you do anything and you'll be out of real beer long before then.

corkybstewart said:
Your wife takes old White Labs vials full of salad dressing for her lunch at work.
When you check new kitchen faucets to make sure you can attach your bottle washer adapter before you buy it.
When you stay up until 3 AM bottling 10 gallons of beer the morning of your double hernia surgery because you know it'll be weeks before the wife lets you do anything and you'll be out of real beer long before then.

Lol I was wondering what to do with those vials.

jmlabeck said:
I was enjoying this thread, thinking, "I'm not like that." Then, I remembered this one time, I stood next to the bottle return at my local supermarket. Some guy came up with a cart full of empties. I bought them from him (5-cents each) so I would have more bottles to fill.

So, never mind. I guess I am.

Ha, nice!

When you are at Starbucks waiting for your car to get out of the shop, and you wish you would have brought a pen and paper to practice your beer math.

When you make home made pizza crust and proceed by adding hot water, bread yeast and sugar in a glass and you have to run to your phone to txt your brew buddies to tell them you just made a starter.

Monstar said:
Ha, nice!

When you are at Starbucks waiting for your car to get out of the shop, and you wish you would have brought a pen and paper to practice your beer math.

What are you talking about? Smartphone + brewing apps or STFU.

I was enjoying this thread, thinking, "I'm not like that." Then, I remembered this one time, I stood next to the bottle return at my local supermarket. Some guy came up with a cart full of empties. I bought them from him (5-cents each) so I would have more bottles to fill.

So, never mind. I guess I am.

I'd love to have my bottles for 5 cents apiece.

When you start making deals with SWMBO so you can have a brew day.

When you have 200 bottles of beer and you think, "I'm starting to run low."

Back