You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
....when you make a conscious effort to rehydrate during the day for the nights "tasting session"... ;)

Yup, except I'm foolishly doing the rehydrating the next day, and the tasting session was killing ~.5 gallon of Oktoberfest that wouldn't fit in the keg. No time to bottle and I certainly wasn't going to throw it away :mug:

... when your own 92-old mother gives you a little beer mug ornament for Christmas. Enough to bring a tear to a grown man's eye...

That is awesome!

And when your better half tells you to get the beer mug ornament and she pays for it. :)

My Mother in Law buys ornaments for everyone every year. Hallmark has a Beer Stein series, she gets me one every year. Here's this year's:View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1449516392.859559.jpg

When you can't understand why coworkers are staring at you blankly while you describe your latest brew's hop schedule...at 8:30 on a Monday morning.

You're stationed overseas and you're glad you packed some homemade hop tincture for those times the PX/Class 6 fails to carry anything other BMC ...

When your man cave/brewery gets new paint & desk for Christmas. Darn cat whizzed on the old tree that was getting ratty anyway. So new tree, ornaments & other decorations. When Santa squeezes his fat, wide a$$ down the chimney this year, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of A-holes this side of the nuthouse!:D

you know you're a homebrewer when:

you paint a room in your house? you get a new piece of furniture?

I couldn't make the connection either.

Don't forget the cat pissing on the Christmas tree.....

I was trying to, so, thanks

I don't have a cat, so I'll never have one piss on my Christmas tree, which, I guess means I don't know I'm a homebrewer
I filled, sanded, primer sealed & just got done top coat painting 2/3's of the brewery/man cave. Got wait a bit for the paint to dry, then assemble my new wrap-around the corner desk. Gonna have a crap ton of boxed bottles goin' in the garage till I find a good way to save the labels. Then put the room back together. Still have the inside wall section to fill/sand, etc yet. Some other warm day. Darn cats liked climbing the tree, batting the thin glass ornaments, then finally whizzed on what was left. Had to replace the tree, ornaments, etc, besides paint & supplies I didn't have already. So being the brewery/man cave, it had everything to do with it. In the physical sense. I got the monitor on the bottling table in the center of the room, the keyboard & mouse on my wicker magazine table. Can't wait for the paint to dry...:mug:

I was trying to, so, thanks

I don't have a cat, so I'll never have one piss on my Christmas tree, which, I guess means I don't know I'm a homebrewer

Its Uniondr... What do you expect... He's like the rest of us with ADHD, somehow, somewhere, theres a logical connection...

In point of fact, I think you're right. A couple of my sons have it, & they get it from my side. It's starting to make sense nowadays, after some due consideration. As some of my older work buddies used to say of me, " the wheels are always turning". Spinning a bit fast sometimes, however. What you read are the results. Yet another series of unfortunate events in this case...again. At least the paint's dry, desk is up. Be able to get the Mumme' going in a couple weeks. Takes a while to get all the dried plants, spices, herbs, etc together with grains for that gruit...:mug:

When you no longer care which craft brewery was bought by what global brewery entity or what the price or selection of craft beers at the grocery store is or what changes with beer distribution means because ... YOU BREW YOUR OWN BEER AND YOU LIKE IT!

And it seems to be working great so far! She knows that's my domain, & doesn't mess with the fermenter stand/storage unit unless directed to by me.

...when every present under the tree for you looks like it's in the shape of some kind of brewing equipment.

Hope sure springs eternal at Christmas time, doesn't it? :rockin: When you finally get to the end of all the painting, assembling & rearranging of the man cave/brewery in time for Christmas. SWMBO likes the idea so far. Now if they'd just learn that dad's parts of the house are not a dumping ground!... dad's restaurant massacre, with full orchestration...:mad:

When you're annoyed to find that you had MORE hops and grains than you thought you did as that gets in the way of the clean out the leftovers amber ale you had planned.

Lol clean out IPA?

Well just dumped in all the extra victory malt and cascade hops that appeared from somewhere and cut back on the summit and crystal malt a bit. Should be fine. Has just a bit of roast barley so is the right color anyway and victory malt is good stuff.

Am paranoid about keeping open bags of hops around.

you shovel the 6 inches of fresh snow so you can get out to the brew room and check the starter for tom. brew day...... At 4:30 in the morning ....... :)

Back