You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Human Poo and since they are fed the same garbage we eat, dog poo is bad because it may contain up to 1% McDonald's food which is detrimental to your health and the environment in general

So either I misremebered (likely) or the stance has changed. My prior "knowledge" on this was from the discussion of the test plant for composted humanure in Ohio for use on feed-corn plots. It was a join venture of USDA, AEP and an Ethanol conglomerate. Talk about competing agenda's.

AEP wanted the composting done in a controlled environment to recapture the natural gas.

The USDA wanted it to succeed and use the same methods as pig and/cow manure so that farmers could use it in the same hoppers.

Ethanol conglomerate wanted it to fail...but only a little...so that they could have a cheap method of producing composted manure for their NON-feed corn.

You take the first sip of your 'best brew yet', only to find your moment of bliss crushed by an overwhelming feeling of despair because you just realized you only have 5 gallons of it.

YKYAHBW - you walk into a package store for the first time in years and realize that beer has somehow gotten even more expensive, and since it's so ridiculously expensive to buy beer, you can merit buying another SS perlick for your keezer since you are saving so much money by brewing instead of buying.

YKYAHBW - you walk into a package store for the first time in years and realize that beer has somehow gotten even more expensive, and since it's so ridiculously expensive to buy beer, you can merit buying another SS perlick for your keezer since you are saving so much money by brewing instead of buying.

For the win!

Back on topic.... Just bought a new house and you know it is meant to be when you find a half empty keg left in the garage and a Newcastle cap sign tucked away in the attic. AND since there is no outside storage, SWMBO agreed that the storage shed that needs to be built can be upgraded to a full brewshed!!!!!!!

Also, I have been wanting to start kegging and this just made it happen.

When your toddler becomes very quiet on the back porch and has a huge grin on his face: eating dad's stash of aged hop pellets!

When you look forward to firing up your computer to read about the latest home brew follies and chat with your fellow beer folks right here.

Ha, home brew follies. I like that, rather descriptive. Then you realize it's Friday as well, so it's time to break out those home brews chillin' in the fridge! :mug:

You know you're a home Brewer when youve mopped a ceiling. I know its been said, but I just had my first experience with it and had to come share. Went to unhook the liquid side of my root beer keg and the out post stuck. 30psi can make a pretty impressive geyser!

coral.jpg

You start renting rooms out to transient (OK, short-term contract) workers to afford the bits for an electric BIAB build and a few more pounds of hops.

In my defense, I have rented many room in a private home when I was working on the road and all but once found it preferable to a motel/hotel/furnished apartment. Besides, the entire second floor of my house sits idle 95% of the year.

You take the first sip of your 'best brew yet', only to find your moment of bliss crushed by an overwhelming feeling of despair because you just realized you only have 5 gallons of it.

How about:
You take the first sip of what you thought was going to be your 'best brew yet', only to find your moment of bliss crushed by an overwhelming feeling of despair because you just realized you have 5 gallons of crap left!

Sent from hell
using Home Brew

How about:
You take the first sip of what you thought was going to be your 'best brew yet', only to find your moment of bliss crushed by an overwhelming feeling of despair because you just realized you have 5 gallons of crap left!

Sent from hell
using Home Brew

When faced with this situation you make lemon's out of lemonade and realize you have 5 gallons of marinade base!

When faced with this situation you make lemon's out of lemonade and realize you have 5 gallons of marinade base!

or it may be a candidate for a splash of bourbon to make it a cheaty bourbon barrel version. Have a keg of a stout that has a hint of a metallic flavor to it, a splash of borboun made it amazing.

Or any other dry hopping/randalling type of modification. Sometimes the flaws can be covered up or hidden or even turned into something good with a little tinkering.

When you realize that you have used up the vast majority of a $12 roll of Gorilla tape trying to get one more round out of your old bottle case boxes.

Time to build some wooden ones.

When wall marts RO machine is down and you get excited because they comp you two 5 gal carboys of RO for the price of the refills so 2 5 gal fermenters for $3.25 and you think your walking out with victory of the world lol I was high on life for a little while, then your brew day said water was for goes smooth as hell . Brew gods where watching over me today

When your half way through siphoning your DIPA from your brew pot into a carboy and your brew pot falls off the top of your lauter tun and spills half your $50 beer all over the snow bank, leaving a crime scene looking mess of copper colored snow and boiled hops behind, and all you can think about is how lucky you are to have the other half left to enjoy.

:mug:

Back