You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flying Dog made a beer this summer using Old Bay. I don't think it ever left Maryland though.

:off:
I was just thinking about doing this the other day. Is it as simple as taking a malty beer, adding a mother, and letting it work?

We're discussing it in another thread here. Check it out for some answers. I'm just trying to put it all together myself. I miss Arthur Treacher's fish & chips with their malt vinegar!:ban::rockin:

You might be a homebrewer then you use this to make your coffee, and wonder if the 175F strike water temp takes into account the thermal mass of the device and the grounds.

... When you walk into your fermentation room and the smell coming from your DIPA damn near chokes you. And you love it.

When you're at the symphony and start starring at the timpanis with thoughts of breaking it down into a copper kettle...

When you watch orchestral music videos & it times up with airlock bubbles. Also when you start home brewing, then go on to writing about it.

When your at an inlaws anniversary party and they ask how long till the keg kicks and you pick up the half leg and say there is about 2 gals left from lifting your keggle around

When a "your beer exploded" call from your wife references a fermenter blowing its lid and making a mess, not a bottle. Or could reference a bottle too. But not in this case.

When you have cask ale at home.

...you spend days & weeks building projects that can be used for nothing else.

When you go to a party and bring a bag of pellet hops and toss a couple in every miller lite you drink.

When you go to buy someone some beer and you have to tell the person trying to help you that you do not know anything about most of the brewers that they have beer from. One girl started to describe beers to me today like I did not know anything about beer. I had to stop her and tell her I brew my own beer and have not bought any in a long while. I just did not know 2/3rds of the brewers.

Another one would be when you discover that beer is 10.99 a sixer and you are complaining that there is no way the beer is worth that amount. I can make a 5 gallon batch for under $15 for certain styles.

When you get laid off and tell everyone it's no problem because you finally have time to brew again.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

You almost burn down the house because the tag on your turkey fryer burner caught fire when you weren't looking on a windy day.

You almost burn down the house because the tag on your turkey fryer burner caught fire when you weren't looking on a windy day.

LOL... Did that happen because you're a home brewer? Or just because you drank too many home brews... ;)

My brother in law was talking about how fine he grinds his coffee. 'Like flour,' he said. I told him he'd better be careful or he'd get a stuck sparge.

when you get kicked out of your local grocery store for talking to the fruit & cream instant oatmeal about what career path they chose and how they're not living up to their potential in beer.

wait... this is the "You know you're a crazy person when?" thread, right?

Trying to guess what SRM color is my dog...

Oktoberfest?

http://homebrewmanual.com/media/SRM-beer-colour-chart.jpg

WP_20141220_011.jpg

Uh...about 10SRM? How about when you're talkin to da old ho' who cut off your brokeback buggy like it's your fault? F****you ho'!

Might have been said before I haven't read all the pages but your Facebook year in review is mainly comprised of brewing and fermenting pictures

Latest posts

Back