'Yooper' added to Merriam-Webster!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He'd send her documentation of use of "yooper," such as Stephen King's "Duma Key," which mentions the term, and references of well-known yoopers, including Tom Izzo and Steve Mariucci.
Oh yeah, and don't forget about our Yooper! :D

haha! We've got a member here with that name I think.

We do? Never heard of her. Or him, as the case may be...

No one outside of a very particular 20 mile radius has ever or will every hear this word used in every day language. There's a reason it took 12 years to have it added to the dictionary. :cross:

"................Documentation of use of "yooper," such as Stephen King's "Duma Key," which mentions the term, and references of well-known yoopers, including Tom Izzo and Steve Mariucci."

Tom and Steve are from nearby- nice guys with nice families. They went to school together, and have made sure to endow the high school and added great facilities.

I don't know any other "famous" Yoopers. The only thing that really impresses me is that Ernest Hemingway, an avid fisherman, hung out here in the Eastern UP for fishing and wrote a book about "The Two-Hearted River".

There are two kinds of people in Michigan- Yoopers and Trolls. :D

Son was born in petoski so hes a fudgy but we brought him back to the UP 24 hours after birth. He is a yooper through and through.

I'll go with yabber :p
Merriam-Webster said:

yooper:

The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary.
Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search bar above.

1.yelper
2.opera
3.poor
4.yabber
5.payer
6.eyebar
7.Boyer

Latest posts

Back