Yogurt with fruit in it....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TalkingGoats

Reaction score
What the hell keeps the fruit from fermenting? I tried google a little after my mind exploded.

Am I missing something?

Be gentle... lol

Yogurt does not contain yeast, and the bacteria inside is supposed to retard yeast growth.

There are all sorts of claims that yogurt is a home remedy for yeast infections.

Yogurt does not contain yeast, and the bacteria inside is supposed to retard yeast growth.

There are all sorts of claims that yogurt is a home remedy for yeast infections.

Yes but the bacteria can ferment the fruit.

I would have to guess it is the fact that it is kept cold. Take out a cup and let it sit on your counter for 10-14 days and see what it tastes like then.

Yes but the bacteria can ferment the fruit.

I would have to guess it is the fact that it is kept cold. Take out a cup and let it sit on your counter for 10-14 days and see what it tastes like then.

I think I will do this as long as SWMBO doesn't notice. Lactobacillus is the most common for yogurt I think. Out of all of the DIY yogurt sites I have seen yet no one covers this.

most does. that is why it is good for you.

While I agree that most does, that also means that some do not. The OP may have bought one that didn't, and it's a reasonable question to ask.

From a quick search:

Refrigerated and frozen yogurt labeled as having been heat-treated also do not contain live and active bacteria cultures. Manufacturers treat the yogurt with heat after fermentation to either make the taste sweeter or to prolong the product's shelf life. These products do not carry the Live and Active Culture seal and do not provide the same nutritional benefits as yogurts with live and active cultures. Lactose-intolerant individuals may not be able to digest this type of yogurt.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/362616-does-all-yogurt-have-good-bacteria/#ixzz20oXDwcc2

By the sound of the title, I thought this was going to be another one of Creamy Goodness' at-work time wasting rants!

Don't call them "retard yeast". They are "differently abled".

It's a joke, so let's not all get our PC undies in a bunch.;)

Back