Yee Yee Wee Heavy (Jasper's Wee Olde Lizzie Scotch Ale))

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's been a little over a month since I last opened one of these and it's coming along nicely. The carbonation has come through and I'm now tasting some caramel and a hint of smokey-ness. The overly sweet taste has diminished a bit too.

There is still no carbonation in the beer. The flavor is great but is absolutely flat. Any ideas on how to tackle this? I was thinking of opening the bottles and adding a priming tab or sugar solution. My only worry is that the yeast won't be viable with the lack of oxygen in the bottles. Any ideas?

Figured I'd give an update just in case anyone comes across this in the future.

It's been almost 20 weeks in the bottle and still no carbonation so I've decided to do an experiment to try and get them carbed up.

I sanitized everything, popped the tops and added measured amounts of corn sugar to each. 1.8, 2, and 2.2 grams. I don't know if the yeast is still viable but I guess I'll find out in a few weeks.

1407510679460.jpg

Back