yeast stuck to neck of carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

synketa

Reaction score
Hello i am currently brewing 19lt of carboy and it have been 10-15 days till fermentation. On first couple days it was foaming wildly and was overflowing. While it was overflowing yeast got stuck on the neck of carboy and did not go away.
Now i am afraid if it can make my cider go bad and considering to siphon the cider into another carboy. Should i siphon it or it is okay to leave it as it is?

20170321_163027.jpg

So you had whats called a blow off is what it sounds like to me. This happens especially when you have little to no headspace like I see here.

Personally, the picture isn't really good enough to determine if this is krausen or if its actually yeast. If its krausen just leave it alone its totally normal, if its actually yeast your probably still fine but I would give the fermenter a very gentle swirl to see if it comes off...

I would probably sanitize a spoon and scoop out anything - blowoff, trub and yeast - that's blocking the neck, then wash, sanitize and put the airlock back on.

okay i swirled the carboy some little pieces sinked to bottom, here are some other pictures.

i can clean the neck with spoon but i won't be able to reach to sides and some chunks will come off and sink.

20170321_165112.jpg

20170321_165737.jpg

Relax. Don't worry.
It is Kraeusen.
It will be a &itch to remove when your beer is done.
But assuming you followed good sanitation practice, it Williams be fine.

Yedterday I racked some mango beer and that kraeusen is stuck beyond belief.
I have it soaking as of now to give it a go again later today.

Sorry.
Double post.
Typng on mobile with sausage fingers.
☺️

Relax. Don't worry.
It is Kraeusen.
It will be a &itch to remove when your beer is done.
But assuming you followed good sanitation practice, it Williams be fine.

Yedterday I racked some mango beer and that kraeusen is stuck beyond belief.
I have it soaking as of now to give it a go again later today.

Thank you :)

Latest posts

Back