Yeast Question?????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acesb422

Reaction score
I just got my AHS extract summer blonde ale or something like that it is a golden ale. But i have been really busy. It came on monday afternoon, and I have just gotten the box opened and the yeast put in the fridge today?? Did i just ruin my yeast or will they just go dormant again???

Just take it back out of the fridge the morning of the brew or the night before and let the yeast warm back up before you pitch it.

Is it a liquid yeast? If so I would definitely make a starter a couple days before you brew (you really should do this anyway). If it's a dry yeast you're probably OK unless it got really hot. Re-hydrate it as per manufacturers directions and it should wake up just fine.

In the future I would suggest that you're never too busy to spare 30 seconds to pop the top of the box and throw the yeast in the fridge. :)

Back