yeast pitch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stale

Reaction score
Brewed an American Amber yesterday and decided to try pitching both a lager (WL San Francisco) and an ale (WL Pacific). The San Fran says 58-65F and the Pacific 65-68F. Never tried this before. Anyone have any ideas what this will do? Didn't make a starter for either, and in controlled temp of 63F

Into the same fermenter or into separate fermenters?

If I had to guess, one of the yeasts will win out -- probably whichever has the better balance of being healthy beforehand/which one favors that temp best.

I'd assume it will all go ok -- probably have some kind of hybrid flavor. Should be interesting -- be sure to post results.

Thanks for the replies guys. Pappers..sort of an experiment, sort of what I had on hand, and both were fast closing on end of best to pitch by dates. My thoughts were that the lager's high end and the ale's low end were the same, sooo...? WTF why not?
Stevorino.. yes both into one 5 gal. fermenter. I wonder what king of hybrid this will make. Hoping for that more than one predominate over the other. The fermentation took off I'm guessing within 12-16 hrs. from pitching time. The airlock was really working hard. Will try and remember to update on this one when I get a chance to taste.

Latest posts

Back