Yeast fuel?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odh2507

Reaction score
So i bogught an extract kit from ahs, with the brewvint yeast fuel. Now, the directions say to add the yeast fuel, 15 minutes before end of boil...its an extract, and i wont get to a boio. When and how do i add it?

It won't get to a boil because of your equipment not putting out enough heat? Bear in mind that you can't get proper bittering without boiling the water.

So i should boil the water on an extract before adding the extract? And then pour into bucket add the yeast fuel and then cool it to with room temp water? My last coopers kit didnt say to boil water....gonna bottle that batch this weekend...but u should still boil water for extract?

It won't get to a boil because of your equipment not putting out enough heat? Bear in mind that you can't get proper bittering without boiling the water.

you should be boiling your wort. this is pretty much one of the major building blocks of modern brewing.

Um.... maybe he has a no-boil kit. Believe it or not, they exist. I would think you guys have been around here long enough to know that ;)

To the OP: those are no bueno and you need to boil in order to use this "yeast fuel" which is probably just sugar and yeast nutrient. Upgrade to real kits that have extract and hops.

Reno_eNVy said:
Um.... maybe he has a no-boil kit. Believe it or not, they exist. I would think you guys have been around here long enough to know that ;)

To the OP: those are no bueno and you need to boil in order to use this "yeast fuel" which is probably just sugar and yeast nutrient. Upgrade to real kits that have extract and hops.

Agree. Pick up the essential starter books & weed around the site for info. At the least make extract/steep brews, you'll be much happier w/ your final product.

Ohhh no. My bad. Its an ahs extract kit w steeping grains.

My first beer was a coopers diy lager kit...it didnt say anything about boiling wort. If i have to boil kits from ahs, thats fine. Just thought it was the same proess as a coopers kit

The AHS kit should be a lot different from the Cooper's. If you did not get directions with the kit I would contact AHS or look on their website for a copy before brewing the kit.

The AHS is most likely an extract kit which will require boiling.

Back