Yakima Valley hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

combatdiver

Reaction score
I would like to recommend Yakimavalleyhops.com for some of your domestic hop needs, all pellets. I have purchased and recommended to a few friends to buy from them. If you get a chance, check them out. Thanks

I ordered several pounds of Citra leaf and 4 pounds of pellets.
Arrived fast with great pricing! Also, they were quick to respond to my emails.
Surprised more people are not talking about them on this forum.

As it turns out, theneighbrohood is the owner/operator of Yakimavalleyhops.com Businesses coming to HBT, impersonating customers and posting fake reviews is against the forum's rules and he has been banned. I am leaving this post and thread up, so that HBT members have full information.

Pappers

I just used them for hop extract, they were, and I think are currently, running a sale where they are giving away a free 3mL hop extract shot with a hop purchase. Good through 12/7/2012 at 11:59PM

I have purchased from them twice (both sales) and have been very happy with the flat rate shipping.

Ordered 2 oz each of ADHA 527 and Experimental Pine Fruit from them. Got it within the promised three days and the packages were in good condition. Only downside is that the day after I ordered the unnamed ADHA experimentals were taken down entirely. I'm hoping it was in anticipation of the 2014 crop, because I'd really like to experiment.

Ordered 2 oz each of ADHA 527 and Experimental Pine Fruit from them. Got it within the promised three days and the packages were in good condition. Only downside is that the day after I ordered the unnamed ADHA experimentals were taken down entirely. I'm hoping it was in anticipation of the 2014 crop, because I'd really like to experiment.

I merged your thread with the existing review thread for Yakima Valley Hops, not as a slap at you but a reminder to everyone to please look through the review threads to see if the company you are reviewing already has a thread.

Also, if you'll note, one of the first posts in this thread was from Yakima under a fake name pretending to be a customer and reviewing themselves. Not cool.

I merged your thread with the existing review thread for Yakima Valley Hops, not as a slap at you but a reminder to everyone to please look through the review threads to see if the company you are reviewing already has a thread.

Also, if you'll note, one of the first posts in this thread was from Yakima under a fake name pretending to be a customer and reviewing themselves. Not cool.

My bad, I didn't think to look back two years.

As for the other. Meh. I ordered from them because they had something that caught my interest. They delivered what I ordered on time and in good condition. Only slight ding against them, if it's one at all, is that the AA levels on the stickers are a couple points below what's advertised on the site, presumably because of their age. But it works out to my advantage, because I'm not brewing an IPA.

Definitely not my response. I dislike being lied to.

Although it was 2 years ago, and the reviews since then sound good. So you're dragging up something they already got schooled for on this forum (and likely lost business because of it). TWO YEARS later?

That's bad form on you and HBT.

Although it was 2 years ago, and the reviews since then sound good. So you're dragging up something they already got schooled for on this forum (and likely lost business because of it). TWO YEARS later?

They lied to me and when I privately gave them an opportunity to come clean, put it behind them, they just continued. Personally insulting doesn't begin to describe it. They are banned from HBT for good reason.

They lied to me and when I privately gave them an opportunity to come clean, put it behind them, they just continued. Personally insulting doesn't begin to describe it. They are banned from HBT for good reason.

Because I SO enjoyed the thinly veiled insinuation that I'm an employee of YVH trying to circumvent a ban. If you'd like, I can take both packages of hops and hold them up to my street sign, which is the only street in the country so named.

But, yeah, your hurt feelings over a presumable TOS violation is your cross to bear. In no way, shape, and form am I obligated to assuage them by not posting a somewhat favorable review. "Favorable" in this case being that I gave them my money and they fulfilled the implied contractual obligations such a transaction entails. You don't like that, well I don't care.

Because I SO enjoyed the thinly veiled insinuation that I'm an employee of YVH trying to circumvent a ban. If you'd like, I can take both packages of hops and hold them up to my street sign, which is the only street in the country so named.

But, yeah, your hurt feelings over a presumable TOS violation is your cross to bear. In no way, shape, and form am I obligated to assuage them by not posting a somewhat favorable review. "Favorable" in this case being that I gave them my money and they fulfilled the implied contractual obligations such a transaction entails. You don't like that, well I don't care.

It never occurred to me that you were an employee of Yakima. Where did you read that? I don't make accusations like that lightly or without clear evidence.

I didn't censor your review in any way, I merged it with the other Yakima reviews (per the rules of the company review subforum).

Yakima didn't just have a TOS violation, they tried to scam HBT and HBT members, were caught at it, then lied repeatedly about it.

It never occurred to me that you were an employee of Yakima. Where did you read that? I don't make accusations like that lightly or without clear evidence.

I didn't censor your review in any way, I merged it with the other Yakima reviews (per the rules of the company review subforum).

Yakima didn't just have a TOS violation, they tried to scam HBT and HBT members, were caught at it, then lied repeatedly about it.

This escalated quickly.... What did they do to scam hbt members? Is it posted somewhere else? I'm on the road so hard to search from mobile for me.

This escalated quickly.... What did they do to scam hbt members? Is it posted somewhere else? I'm on the road so hard to search from mobile for me.

Four times that I know of, Yakima created an id here, pretended to be a customer and posted in threads. Privately, I asked them to stop and come clean and they double downed on the lies. The final instance (the one I caught) is earlier in this thread.

I'm a little confused about the anger of the previous two posters towards my posts. I certainly didn't and would never censor a review. But I'm also not going to backdown on my opinion of Yakima's behavior here.

In any case, Sandy's right that this has escalated and we should get back on topic. Back to actual reviews from actual customers.

How do you determine that?

Having multiple threads means most would check out one thread and move on. Having one in depth thread give members, and the business, an opportunity to correct their issues and have it noted for all to see.

ive ordered from YVH multiple times, same with a couple friends. everything about the experience was great.

YVH is actually my "go-to" place to order hops now. they have great prices and the hops seem to be quality. good packaging too.

love the hops ordered from here..
ordered around 1.5 lbs last time and all have been great so far. much fresher than LHBS (repackaged from bulk containers without vaccuum sealing).
and i like the hops i got better than AIH or farmhouse. my only other experience was with Northern Brewer shipping me hops as part of a kit, but there was nothing to write home about there.
YVH has good prices and seems to be decently quick with shipping and the S&H wasnt outrageous.

It seems like the farms/distributors go heavy in the weight as well. Might be a little over a pound.

Received a 7 pound order of hops from yakima valley the other day. Well vacuum packed in mylar bags and once you cut the seal there is a zip lock seal inside the mylar bag near the top. Great price on simcoe and i found a coupon code that saved me about $10 dollars on my order by doing a google search. Fast shipping and a great deal.

+1

such great prices, lots of free swag in my orders and the hops (from my experience) are always fresh when compared to my LHBS

Just ordered a pound from YVH and they were well packaged, fresh and a great price. Shipping was prompt. I will be ordering from them again.

I am an overseas customer (Greece). I ordered hops from them and since their site quoted $66 shipping to my country for less than 8 lbs I proceeded to pay for the hops and waited for a separate invoice for shipping. I was very surprised when I received a $90 invoice. Then I started writing to them and no one answered for days. After many unanswered emails I checked online and found they had a very bad record. Also that they were impersonating customers and leaving good feedback to their own company (start of this same thread in 2012). Finally I had to dispute the payment through Paypal and luckily I got my money back. Without even one email from their side. Will never again buy from them.

Stay away.

I don't know about the rest of you, but something here seems so "off" to me. My experiences with this company have been nothing but absolutely pleasant, in fact I just ordered again from them yesterday of just over 1# of a few different hops. And to see such a wide range of feedback, I almost feel like there may be 2 different companies here altogether. I have nothing but good things to say of the 8 or 9 times I have ordered from them, my basis of comparison is the prices of them vs my LHBS and 2 other online stores I have ordered from. this company was not only much faster, but they were lower priced, and if I recall, my shipping has been the same price whether it was 3# or 8oz, so I am truly confused.

+1 on Redtab... I've had nothing but good things to say about YVH - I place bulk orders each season with them. The one time they screwed up an order was with a 'variety' pack of hops which didn't include the Sorachi Ace hops they advertised. Dropped them an email and they immediately sent out the correct hops AND threw in a couple of ounces of Experimental Grapefruit hops too along with a postage paid label to return the incorrect order. Great customer service all around. I'll order from them every year!

I concur as well on the positive experiences. I just received an order with 19# of pellets along with another 8# of leaf hops and everything arrived as it always does. Perfect. Even had a handwritten thank you note for ordering from the guy who packed it.

I have ordered a couple of times and had no problems. I was passing through Yakima last October and stopped in, bought some hops at a discount and they had a bunch of kegs they just got in and were selling them cheap, I picked up a couple for $45 each. :mug:

I lived in WA about a year ago and have had so many beers with hops from YVH. I've been using them since, even now that I'm in Colorado. Always good prices and a good selection. Yesterday I brewed a NE IPA and ordered the "2016 Top Hop IPA" variety pack, with 8 different hops at 2 oz a piece. I will definitely be dry hoping the NE IPA with some of them. And it was only $25! Highly recommend this place.

I got an order from them today, 11 different hops. One of them was supposed to be a pound of citra, instead I got a 2 oz pack. Sent them an email. I'll report back how it is handled.

I got an order from them today, 11 different hops. One of them was supposed to be a pound of citra, instead I got a 2 oz pack. Sent them an email. I'll report back how it is handled.

Update. My issue was resolved very quickly. Will order from them again.

Love YVH. Great selection, prices, and customer service. I've probably bought 15-20LBS of hops from them in the past few years and every time it's promptly delivered to my mailbox. Every once in a while too you can get a deal on a great dual purpose hop for $5. I bought Cascade, Nugget and CTZ for $15 total for a 1LBS each about two months ago.

Just got another order in today, placed it monday night. Even a free sample of exp. Grapefruit and tahoma. Love using this company

just got 4 pounds from Label Peelers in the mail today. I've used Yakima hops a lot in the past and have never been let down

Last week I ordered some hops that I could not find anywhere else online. They were fast and the prices were really good. I'm definitely going to check them out again for those hops that I can't find locally. (I do try to support my local shops, so they can keep open...)

YVH is AWESOME.

I buy hops from them all the way from Singapore and they (the hops, that is) always arrive in tiptop condition. :mug:

Back