wyeast no good, already stared my brew...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beernewb

Reaction score
what should i DO....

with the holiday, i can't get anymore until sunday at noon....hopefully, if he has it in stock, belgian abbey 11.

what a bummer, brewing a belgian golden ale tonight, lesson learned....

Make a starter, that will tell you for sure, plus if you are brewing an Abbey, or a Golden Strong, you should make a starter anyhow for the proper pitching rate.

Make a starter, that will tell you for sure, plus if you are brewing an Abbey, or a Golden Strong, you should make a starter anyhow for the proper pitching rate.

+1 to this...honestly with any liquid yeast, tube or smack pack you SHOULD make a starter anyway....Not just with a big beer.

But in the couple hours you have a starter at least will start the yeast multiplying.

just brewing a golden ale, not strong golden, og 1.053 or thereabouts..that's why no starter, plus i was away....

I have read on the WYeast web site that the Belgians are notorious for slow starting

Are you positive that you broke the nutrient packets inside?

+1. I've thought I broke the packet and then find out that it just slipped around inside. I basically just pound the hell out of it now. If the manufacture date is relatively recent, it should be just fine. It's now a few days past the OP - what did you do with it?

Back