• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Element install scrap/parts/tools

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thundercougarfalconbird

Reaction score
I'm planning on setting up one kettle with a 120v element based on Kal's Electric Brewery design. Thus buying a lot of this stuff new would cost a significant amount, so I'm trying to get the scraps of peoples finished rigs. I need the following:

1x Weatherproof 2-gang outlet box with at least one 3/4" FPT access hole
2x Weatherproof 2-gang blank cover & gasket
4x #6-32 machine screw hex nut
4x #6 locking washer
1ft 3/4" heat shrink tubing
3x 10 AWG wire ring terminal (I may just solder them instead, but if you have spares I'd use em)
10ft 1/2" expandable braided sleeving
1x Silicone high temperature o-ring (1-3/16" ID x 1-7/16" OD x 1/8" width)
1x Food grade silicone adhesive/sealant (Can be used as long as there is enough for the one seal)
1x Stainless steel washer/shim (0.075" thick, 1-1/2" ID, 2-1/4" OD)
1x Standard straight cord/wire grip, 3/4" NPT (For cord diameter .50" to 0.63", aluminum, -30F to +225F)
1x Stainless steel locknut 1" NPS
1x 1-1/4" round chassis or radio (not conduit!) punch OR Step Bit with 1-1/4 size on it (Cheap bits are fine I just need it for this project)
1x 2-1/4" bi-metal hole saw for making 2-1/4" diameter holes (with Pilot hole drill thingy)
1x metal file
1x Heat gun

I know its a pretty large list. But bear with me if you can help me out.

Thanks for your time,
-TCFB

Shoot Yambor44 a PM, I purchased some things from him & he may have some of that stuff left.

Kal responded to an email. Apparently they can source parts. I'm waiting on the quote now.
But I still need all the tools/bits minus the heat gun.
I'll update the parts I need after I get the final price and list from Kal.

If the oring is for an element, shoot me a PM, I'll send you a couple. I bought a whole bag from McMaster and can spare a few.

I also probably have some 6/32 screws. Might even be stainless, I'll ahve to check. How long do you need them?

Back