Would you reccomend this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always heard to not use aluminum. I could be wrong, but that's what I heard when I first started doing all this. I've only used stainless steel since.

I always heard to not use aluminum. I could be wrong, but that's what I heard when I first started doing all this. I've only used stainless steel since.

Antiquated thinking my friend.

Stainless and Aluminium both have their pros and cons and both are perfectly fine to use for brewing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed; go ahead and buy it. As for the debate between aluminum/ss, I have one of each in the 10 gallon capacity and cannot tell a difference in the beer produced between each.

is a 30 qt pot can hold a full boil without danger of boil-over? I seen a similar turkey fryer in local hunting store for $120. I have a gift certificate for $75 so can get it fairly cheap :eek:

you'll hold full boils with a 30qt pot thats what we used before going with kegs...When we do 2 different batches at once we still use the thing...you'll just add some extra water for sparging once your initial strike water is used, no biggy. I actually like dumping the wart after the boil, its less thinking and quicker for me than pumping through my keg. You might have to watch the boil at first but once some of the wart has boiled off you should be good.

I have that one. I use the pot for hot water. I had to upgrade the regulator but I can boil in my 60 qt pot with it.

You can make a five gallon batch in the pot but you have to be very careful. You can't make a 5.5 gallon batch.

I have a question about those with the rim around the burner. My pot is considerably wider than the pot that came with the burner. Has anyone had a problem getting the pot in the area between the wind breaks, or whatever they are??

I'm not sure what you mean? Here's mine with a new regulator.

pot.jpg

The 60 qt pot sits on top just fine (a little higher than the 30 qt.)

Latest posts

Back