Would you eat cat?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would not eat cat in a box.
I would not eat cat under a rock.
I would not eat cat Sam I am.

Just kidding, I am pretty sure that I could eat anything that walks, crawls, or grows on the earth at least once.

I would eat cat if it were braised
I would eat cat if it was shaved

I would eat cat with a curry sauce
I would eat cat with its head cut off

I would eat cat cooked on the grill
I would eat cat until I've had my fill
Yes I would Sam, yes I will!

Chinese_20Restaurant_20sign.jpg

If the Peruvians have been eating cat for longer than peta has been in existence, then peta can go frick themselves....heck they can go frick themselves any way....

Buncha white bleeding heart yuppy eco-terrorists have no right to mess with another culture's traditions...whether or not it offends their precious sensibilities...

If it's got 4 legs and a heartbeat, I'll eat it.

I have here in NYC. I have some Asian friends, and they confirmed what I was eating.

B

I went to an asian restaurant in Trenton NJ with a Fillipino Exchange student,
it wasn't on the menu but he asked and got it. I did not try it.

I'd eat cat and anything that rhymes with it.
bat
rat
gnat
etc.
I don't limit my diet to the four legged animals, anything with 2 to 10 legs is on the menu.

I'm not sure if I would eat a dog...I guess if I didn't know it and I was pretty hungry, I'd give it a taste.

It is funny how PETA and other groups get outraged over things like this. But there is no outrage over the chickens or anything else they snack on. I mean sure cats are cute and all but in the grand scheme of things they have no more or less right than any other animal to not get eaten.

It was like the dolphin/tuna outrage. Everyone was up in arms over the dolphins but you never heard a peep out of people in support of the tuna.

It is funny how PETA and other groups get outraged over things like this. But there is no outrage over the chickens or anything else they snack on. I mean sure cats are cute and all but in the grand scheme of things they have no more or less right than any other animal to not get eaten.

It was like the dolphin/tuna outrage. Everyone was up in arms over the dolphins but you never heard a peep out of people in support of the tuna.

Obviously you don't pay very much attention to PETA then. They protest KFC, they protest Tuna Fish, they protest fur, they protest the Circus and Zoo, etc....

Anyway, I guess I might eat a cat depending on how hungry I was, but I can't see myself ever ordering cat at a restaurant or saying to SWMBO "Honey, lets have cat for dinner tonight"

I won't eat opossum or coon either.

Obviously you don't pay very much attention to PETA then. They protest KFC, they protest Tuna Fish, they protest fur, they protest the Circus and Zoo, etc....

In general they do, but when they go off on specific things they often overlook the other meat they are eating.

The only PETA whackos that I really know on a personal level don't eat meat at all. I really shouldn't call them whackos because even though I don't agree with them at all on the subject, if they don't want to eat meat and want to believe that chickens have the same rights as humans its fine with me.

A few of my best online friends are vegans/vegetarians and PETA supporters though. I agree with you that most everything they believe in seems weird or hypocritical to me on some level or another but I don't know any of them that eat meat. Some don't completely tow the PETA party line so to speak - they keep pets ( evil according to PETA ) and one PETA member I know who's a vegetarian actually deer hunts ( try and make that make sense - ha ha ).

You know, from a scientific viewpoint, protein is protein. In my book, the method of the "kill" is far more important. I don't endorse the suffering of any being in a prolonged manner. If there's a clean kill, so be it. I'll eat it. 'Specially if it's fried. (Whaddaya expect? I'm a G.R.I.T.)

The only PETA whackos that I really know on a personal level don't eat meat at all. I really shouldn't call them whackos because even though I don't agree with them at all on the subject, if they don't want to eat meat and want to believe that chickens have the same rights as humans its fine with me.

A few of my best online friends are vegans/vegetarians and PETA supporters though. I agree with you that most everything they believe in seems weird or hypocritical to me on some level or another but I don't know any of them that eat meat. Some don't completely tow the PETA party line so to speak - they keep pets ( evil according to PETA ) and one PETA member I know who's a vegetarian actually deer hunts ( try and make that make sense - ha ha ).

Well, hunting your own is really the only honest way to be a meat eater.

I ate pigeon before. We grilled it. I'd imagine that that cat would have to be braised. They're pretty muscular and would need that connective tissue broken down.

Would you eat human then ? I mean assuming that it was a clean kill and everything ?
Human meat is the healthiest thing you can eat.. it contains everything you need :)

I have eaten pretty much every meat common to man (except human meat), I would not eat it deliberately but like Dog and cat meat , I'll give you my opinion after..

Would I eat a cat? Hell yes!

I've been to China a few times and have been quite disappointed not to see it on a menu.

You know, from a scientific viewpoint, protein is protein. In my book, the method of the "kill" is far more important. I don't endorse the suffering of any being in a prolonged manner. If there's a clean kill, so be it. I'll eat it. 'Specially if it's fried. (Whaddaya expect? I'm a G.R.I.T.)

I never had any beef (no pun intended) but Tuna fish? Are you serious? That is way excessive. KFC I can understand because they probably keep their chickens in some cramped ass chicken house, but I do not know how you can be unethical to a tuna fish.

I am a big animal lover, and I will eat just about anything minus pets (dogs, cats, etc.) or anything that will bond with a human (horse). There is some other stuff that is flat out f'd up I wont touch either. Foie Gras is duck or goose liver. They force feed a duck or goose until its almost dead then slaughter it. It makes the liver have a different taste. Thats F'ed up in my opinion.

I have eaten Mountain Lion. For the record, the meat from predators is not very good imho. I wouldn't eat a domestic cat unless the situation called for it.

Can't claim to have eaten cat before, but I have had beaver, possum, coon. they were all ok, but i'm not picky. I guess I'm lucky my friend's dad was a hillbilly from KY. He knew how to cook it right.

Can't claim to have eaten cat before, but I have had beaver, possum, coon. they were all ok, but i'm not picky. I guess I'm lucky my friend's dad was a hillbilly from KY. He knew how to cook it right.

I haven't eaten possum or coon. Beaver (the animal) is really excellent, better than Venison imho.

If I absolutely had to.

I think a better thread would be "Would you eat human?"

I'd suppose cat is like any other meat. Prepare it and serve it right and it wouldn't be half bad.

As for humans... Were I hungry enough and the situation called for it as it did for the Andes plane crash survivors, I'd eat anyone.

What kind of beer would be best with cat or human?

Back