WORST Non-homebrew you've had!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fatgodzilla said:
Anything from America.
I'm guessing you meant to say anything you can get in Australia from America. :)
I can't stand any of the BMC type beers and that includes "imports" such as Fosters, Heineken, Molson, etc.
However the US craft brew industry is growing rapidly and a large number of micros are producing an incredible array of beers. Probably only Belgium produces such a diversity and I think the US produces quality to start rivaling the big brewing centers. It tooks us a while to recover from prohibition but the industry is well on its way now.

Craig

CBBaron said:
However the US craft brew industry is growing rapidly and a large number of micros are producing an incredible array of beers.

It is to the point where according to many "Beer Experts" like the late Michael Jackson, the USA makes the best beer in the world, as well as saving obscure styles that would have otherwise been lost.

For the record, Michael Jacksons answer to this thread was: Corona.

But that doesnt mean that all beer in Mexico is just as bad, or that all beer in Canada is bad after drinking green-bottled beer. etc

nik

The first would be Warbird Lager. My boss somehow ended up with a few cases of this and brought it into his beer loving employees. I don't even think you should call it beer. A little bit like warm yeasty pepsi-7up mix.

The other is Red Dog, nothing "premium" about this.

Have none of you heard of Schaeffer beer? It's horse piss if it's anything. I drank enough of it in college to float a tugboat in. It was one of the first beers I remember coming in the "suitcase" style packaging. They called it the " weekender". In 1987, you could buy a case of it for $8. I saw it for sale a couple of years ago for $8 a case. Some things never change. I'm sure it's still got the same funky, nutty taste. Kinda like a Natural Light.

If it were free, I'd drink it today. I'm not too proud.:ban:

Oh my God, it has to be Billy Beer. I was in college at the time and could drink anything this side of battery acid, but couldn't handle Billy Beer.

+ a million to anyone who remembered "The Beast Light!" Abandon hope all who enter the Beast's Cage. It is a dangerous place.
PS Many of You need to check your 'tudes at the door. There is a difference between not having the sense to appreciate a style that you can neither appreciate, nor understand, and a beer being "off" or "bad."

Bah, thar be lots...

Anything 'light' - BL, ML, Corona light, Michelob Ultra, etc. It just has no tast to me other than some poorly fermented corn grits/corn syrup. ::shudder::

Maybe it just hasn't grown on my yet, but I had a Kriek, 3 Philosophers, on a good reccomendation from a buddy and wow, I had trouble finishing just the 12 oz. bottle I got. I had to choke that sumbich down...

While I don't particularly enjoy the regular BMC stuff, I can tolerate it as long as there is no mention of light in it. I wouldn't buy it, but if I'm out and thats whats there, I'll have it. Strangely enough though, I pulled a regular Corona out of my parents fridge a few weeks ago, poured it into a glass, skipped the lime, and it was actually good. I was surprised. Subtle hop flavor, not too big on the corn/rice/sugar flavor, either. I guess it was a miracle 6'er that wasn't skunked.

Other than that, I can pretty much drink and enjoy most beers.

Richard said:
Dock Street Illuminator

This stuff is total crud. I'm debating whether it's worth swilling down, or if I should just throw it out.

New Dock Street or old Dock Street? I think the new place doesn't distribute yet.

Red Dog is the worst beer in the world. Even in college I refused to drink that ****. With Busch Light and Steel Reserve being staples back then, a beer would have to be something awfully undrinkable. Red Dog delivered.
bar-reddog.gif

Red Dog was pretty bad, but did you ever try Red Wolf??? That $hit was SO BAD, my buddy's puke after drinking it smelled better then it tasted!

BUT the worst I've ever had was a Growler of Mt Caramel Blonde Ale that I picked up at a grocery store near my home. Clearly it had been sitting there for a LONG time. Mt Caramel is one of the only local breweries so I try to support. I've had Mt Caramel's stuff many other times and it's decent beer.... usually.

shunoshi said:
Are you a fan of Belgian Strong Ales? Delirium Tremens is a good one. I'm guessing you're just not a fan of the style.

Apparently not. :)

shafferpilot said:
Red Dog was pretty bad, but did you ever try Red Wolf??? That $hit was SO BAD, my buddy's puke after drinking it smelled better then it tasted!

BUT the worst I've ever had was a Growler of Mt Caramel Blonde Ale that I picked up at a grocery store near my home. Clearly it had been sitting there for a LONG time. Mt Caramel is one of the only local breweries so I try to support. I've had Mt Caramel's stuff many other times and it's decent beer.... usually.

No, I have never had Red Wolf. Given your description, I probably never will.

I can't believe Beamish is on this! I love the stuff! I spent the summer of 2007 in Galway, Ireland and couldn't get enough of it. It's cheaper than Guinness, too! I've been scouring Montreal looking for any, but have yet to find any. If any Montrealers on this know a place that sells it, please tell me!

Anyways, granted, I've never tasted what's exported... but how different could it be?

max4677 said:
New Dock Street or old Dock Street? I think the new place doesn't distribute yet.

I don't know if it's the new or the old, but I ended up taking the 5 bottles I had left back to the store. I told them it was skunked and they let me pick something else. It wasn't actually skunked, just crap beer.

devaspawn said:
tastes exactly like Bud Light to me - Like watered down p*ss!

bensyverson said:
tastes more like a marketing executive than a beer

Nealie said:
tastes like horse balls

Tarindel said:
"It tastes like a candied turd".

Fender230 said:
Tastes like watery poop stuff

Given the things you all have tasted, I think I'll pass on your beer judgment ;)

KatoKiyo said:
I can't believe Beamish is on this! I love the stuff! I spent the summer of 2007 in Galway, Ireland and couldn't get enough of it. It's cheaper than Guinness, too! I've been scouring Montreal looking for any, but have yet to find any. If any Montrealers on this know a place that sells it, please tell me!

Anyways, granted, I've never tasted what's exported... but how different could it be?

I'm with this guy. If I want a dry stout , I drink Beamish.

See I like Beamish as well..not to bad.

Michelob Bavarian Wheat, Michelob Marzen, and almost all of the J.W. Dundee's.
Just totally missed the styles on everything and the Michelob Bavarian tastes like they added Banana extract or something to add the Hefe Yeast taste

Being a college student, I used to drink the cheapest light beer that I could find. Now, since I started brewing, I can barley choke down a bud light1

There's a brewery in downtown Ogden, UT that makes Horrible beer. No one knows the difference in beer-deprived Utah though. We returned our pitcher and stopprd drinking!

Back