Woooo!! BEER!! I got it right this time!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slider46

Reaction score
First drinkable brew is done and delicious!

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f66/extract-almost-flying-dog-pale-ale-206918/

AmericanAmberAle_or_IPA.jpg

one question? Drinkable? what you mess up on with your first batch?

Congrats none the less, it looks amazing, I'm brewing my second batch when a buddy comes over on sunday. Gotta teach him rule number 1 about brew day, always have your old batch to drink!! You'll get to do that with your next one!!!

P.S. When you ship it out, be sure to ship some to me!!

one question? Drinkable? what you mess up on with your first two batches?

Fixed :)

The first batch was an actual Mr. Beer can/kit. A combination of brewing noob and poor quality kit made drinking my very first brew unbearable. Colored, sweetened, stale water is what it turned out to be.

Second batch was also with a Mr. Beer can/kit and some added ingredients. I followed a recipe from the Mr. Beer site which had me add a crapload of pureed cherries and brown sugar to make some sort of "Cherry Brown Ale". Tasted and smelled horrible even after 21 days in primary. The cherries never settled out so it looked like nasty stagnant pond water. Dumped that one too.

This last one I ordered all the stuffs myself and tweaked the recipe using hopville.com's recipe tool. The result: beautiful, tasty beer :mug:

Nice Nice :) My first came out pretty good as well. This seems to be a ongoing learning experience. Reviewing my first, I see many things I could have done better. I defiantly applied them to my second. I hope it works :)

I'm drinking a draft glass of my first right now. Enjoy.

Congrats :mug: :rockin:

Back