Wooden BIAB Stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, everybody! Lots of great input. I just might do the tile work later on. I have a box of 6" tiles left over from some work done in a bathroom a while back. I've done just about every other home DIY job, it's time I learned to do tile. :)

One thing I will say about cement board, if you score it with a knife and snap it, there is minimal dust, but the edge is rough. I used a circular saw with a masonry blade. Makes a nice, clean cut, but generates a huge amount of cement dust. You do not want to breathe that. I used a good respirator, and a face shield to protect from flying particles. Silica dust is nothing to mess with. Hindsight: I should have cut it outdoors, and not in my wood shop. There was a layer of fine dust everywhere!

L
Trying for a compact stand with some storage for everything I need on brew day.

The plan is for the overhead part to be able to be lifted out and brought down as a large "u" shape so that storage of this guy is easier. It's going to store my kettle, immersion cooler, spoons, blanky, propane tank, etc. on the stand with not in use. Possibly covered on the back porch when not in use this summer.

I plan on making this for Fathers day. (Wife is giving me some solid garage time) :)
I think this is coming along nicely in design, but looking for suggestions.

thanks

View attachment 282578

I have been looking for a BIAB set up.. love the design! Made it yesterday!

Looks like I am going to get into another weekend project here. Great design on it. How well has the concrete backer board held up on it?

Three brews in in mine and it haze been great. I plan to put tile on the floor for any boil over or spills.

Attachments

• 410F9967-B945-4963-A8C1-0D618A3A10CE.jpeg
    410F9967-B945-4963-A8C1-0D618A3A10CE.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 97
Trying for a compact stand with some storage for everything I need on brew day...
Great idea. Constructed yesterday. Only changes were length at 48" vice 50.5", swivel casters on one end and stationary on ths other, corrugated metal vice cement board, and permanent uprights as i have plenty of overhead space.

Have to apply some poly to the wood, and maybe high-temp paint to the metal. Otherwise first use will be in a couple of days.

Back