Wired Ranco, $64, hurry.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a bad deal. You can buy them unwired for ~$50 but if you don't feel comfortable with wiring an extension cord into it this is a great deal.

just bought it for 41 dollars 12dollar shipping.

great find!

(I hope it's wired since it isn't mentioned... if not, 53 dollars is a great price even for unwired)

I have an unwired ranco I wired up so it'd no big deal if I gotta do it again.

This is the description the link led to:

Ranco ETC Single Stage digital temperature controller for aquarium chillers or heaters.
Easy to read LCD display shows current tank temperature and can be set to a sensitivity of 1 degree F.

Can handle up to 1HP. chillers.
Can control heater or chiller of up to 16 amps or approx. 1,700 watts@ 110v total load

Not wired

I need to get one... or continue to use my HERMS controller for double duty.

This is the description the link led to:

Ranco ETC Single Stage digital temperature controller for aquarium chillers or heaters.
Easy to read LCD display shows current tank temperature and can be set to a sensitivity of 1 degree F.

Can handle up to 1HP. chillers.
Can control heater or chiller of up to 16 amps or approx. 1,700 watts@ 110v total load

Not wired

where does it say not wired?

besides, either way it's what I paid for my first Ranco so it's all good!

Umm, the last two words of the post you copied and pasted. :D I'm really not trying to be difficult, I was just trying to point out something that may have been overlooked. While I realize that it is a good deal, I would not be able to take advantage because I am not familiar with any kind of wiring. I just wanted to make anyone else like me (all thumbs) aware as well.

That's very strange. The link last night definitely showed a wired Ranco and the description was much more detailed and definitely said it was indeed wired. Strange! However, the price was $64 last night and now it's $41. This leaves you $23 to buy an extension cord to wire into it. Trust me it's very easy as I was even able to do it. Below is the tutorial I followed and it works great.

http://www.brewboard.com/index.php?showtopic=40898

The original post was "Hurry" because when I posted there were only 2 wired Rancos in stock. The two wired ones are gone, now it goes to the non-wired $41 version.

B

Back