Wine Kit question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrdauber64

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought the Cabernet Franc Ice Red Wine kit from Selection Speciale. I noticed it only made three gallons so I bought two kits to give me 6 gallons total. This way it fits in my better bottles without having too much headspace.

My question is, when I double the recipe, do I double everything including all the additives like the clarifiers, yeast, and the other small packets that normally come in wine kits?

Thank you!

Nick

Yeah, it's going to be given out as Christmas gifts. Plus it is one of my favorite after dinner desert drinks!

Thank you for your response, I've done other wine kits where it seems like what came in the three gallon kit is the same as what normally comes in the six gall on kits. I was just worried that doubling everything would be too much.

Right on. It can be a bit confusing. I wish they would be a bit more descriptive on the kits! Just recently tried their Riesling Ice wine and enjoyed it, how's the Cab Franc?

Latest posts

Back