Will This Brew Kit Do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckrox8

Reaction score
I've doing a lot of research lately and like AustinHomeBrew and their 6.99 shipping. I found this Kit
which looks good to me. As far as the glass upgrade is that something I should do? I would also like to brew this Beer. Would this kit brew this beer fairly well?

Typo, the shipping is $5.99, even better! :) That does look like a good kit. Don't forget the bottles. I just finished off my batch of their Fat Tire, it was very good. Good luck and have fun.

I've made their Fat Tire clone twice. It was a fine summer beer, and my husband really liked it. In fact, he had never had Fat Tire before, and Brewtopia sent us some recently. He liked the Fat Tire clone from AHS better than the "real" Fat Tire!

I can't remember which yeast I ordered with it- but I'm guessing dry because it was summer and I ordered liquid yeast from them once before and it came hot to the touch (even with the ice pack). Of course, from Austin Texas in the summer to my home in the UP of Michigan took over 5 days. Anyway, the yeast was ok in the end, but I'm thinking I used the dry option for Fat Tire both times.

Their kits come complete with all the grains crushed and put in the grainbag. The directions are very clear and well written. The ingredients are fresh. I think you'll be happy with them.

Lorena

Back