Will These Bottles be OK?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilded

Reaction score
Are they strong enough for carbonation?
Aqua Pana Spring Water Bottles
unnamed.jpg

I'd worry more about them being clear. Light = Skunked beer. Brown bottles are best, then green, then clear. Were you planning on keeping them in a box for their whole life?

I do not know the beverage you show in this picture, but as a rule of thumb, any bottle that used to contain carbonated beverage (beer, soda, champagne, sparkling water) will be able to hold pressure for your homebrew (It is sometime hard to get rid of the smell of some soda, so be careful).

As mentioned above, it is better to use brown bottles as they protect from UV light (which is bad for your beer). But if you make a point to keep them in a box, closet or basement, you'll be fine. Before I got enough bottles, I was using any bottle my friends would give me, including clear and green bottles. Now that I keg, I use club soda plastic bottles to bring beer to friends, as it is more convenient and I don't care if I do not get them back.

Did you find those bottles on Craigs List?

I was bottling last night and ran out of bottles -- had two of these on hand to finish the batch. The tops seem smaller than traditional beer bottles so I'm a little unsure if it made a good seal or not. They are in the dark so no worries about it being clear. If you can wait, I'll have the answer in a few weeks :D

Did you find those bottles on Craigs List?

I was bottling last night and ran out of bottles -- had two of these on hand to finish the batch. The tops seem smaller than traditional beer bottles so I'm a little unsure if it made a good seal or not. They are in the dark so no worries about it being clear. If you can wait, I'll have the answer in a few weeks :D

Yes I saw them on Craigs list, but have decided to wait and save enough brown bottles are get some somewhere. ET :rolleyes:

I saw these on craigslist too.

I am going to see about grabbing them because I am making cider rather than beer and don't have to worry about skunking it.

Back