Will it be a brew hut? (pics)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

menschmaschine

Reaction score
I've been in the planning stages for a while now. I actually drew the plans 2 years ago! Got the building permit in the spring and finally had the slab poured a few weeks ago, started framing last weekend, and this is where I am now. It's going to be a 12'x7' storage shed on the left, a 12'x12' "workshop" (surely, it will inevitably become a brew hut/man cave;)) in the middle, and a 12'x5' porch on the right... for a total of 12'x24'.

I should get significantly more done this weekend. Fortunately, I have a friend who is an excellent framer to help me out.:)

That's me in the funny hat.
100_0832.jpg

100_0837.jpg

100_0845.jpg

Whew!... long weekend working. Got a lot done. At least it won't get wet in the rain. Ready for housewrap, windows & doors, and shingles!

100_0860.jpg

Looking good. Are you putting services in? (Water/Electric)

beats mine!

Yeah, but didn't you build it out of scrap lumber?... That means it was practically free!:)

I'm not putting water/sewer in... it wasn't in the budget.;) But I am putting electric in. I put an electrical conduit elbow in the concrete when they poured the slab, so I have to trench from my house which is 60 ft (18m) away.

I'm not putting water/sewer in... it wasn't in the budget.;) But I am putting electric in. I put an electrical conduit elbow in the concrete when they poured the slab, so I have to trench from my house which is 60 ft (18m) away.

What's an electric conduit elbow? I reckon I need one of these for my outdoor kitchen. Is it just a corner piece of PVC (or similar) tubing, and you can thread the electric wire (UF?) through later?

What's an electric conduit elbow? I reckon I need one of these for my outdoor kitchen. Is it just a corner piece of PVC (or similar) tubing, and you can thread the electric wire (UF?) through later?

It's the gray PVC Schedule 40 electrical conduit. The elbow is just a rounded 90 degree bend with male/female ends. You can get it at Lowes/HD.

Housewrap, flexwrap, caulk... ready to receive window.
100_0883.jpg

Window nailed in, flashing tape applied, drip pan (trim coil) at top.
100_0888.jpg

Finished!
100_0889.jpg

Lots done since I last updated... porch posts installed and finished up framing, roof done, housewrap, windows & doors. Ready for siding and exterior trim!

100_0892.jpg

I actually like the look of the house wrap. I would paint the fascia board and call it good.:D

I actually like the look of the house wrap. I would paint the fascia board and call it good.:D

I wish. My HOA requires the same siding as is on my house. The company that makes that siding went bankrupt and the siding is no longer made. I went through about 15 different building suppliers and siding manufacturers until I found a close enough match... and it still isn't exact. In any case, I have tedious hours ahead of snipping and nailing up siding and trim.:(

Back